Chapter 41

Venus's P.O.V

Vee I need you ... mom and you know who,  are fighting again

  I yawned hearing the beep from my phone, I was all cozy and comfortable in Fawns soft blanket. I had spent most of if not every night at Fawn's after homecoming, it has been the only nights that I was able to sleep in peace , but that quickly ended. Real life had to kick in sometime .... I reach for my phone reading the text from Jace. I closed my eyes for one more second realizing that fantasy world was over time to go back to reality, the horrible, tiring reality. I slowly got up from Fawns bed not wanting to wake her , seeing it was only six in the morning. I grabbed my homecoming dress from the floor seeing I had Fawns pajamas on , deciding I was to tired to give them back at the moment. A quick glance over at Fawn seeing how peaceful she looked , no worries just her and her dreams . I smiled as I slowly and quickly walked down the stairs not wanting to wake anyone in the house . Before I could reach the door someone snuck up behind me , my heart leaped out of my chest as pure terror made my spine jump. Scott started to quietly laugh as he looked at me with a smirk " I'm so sorry I was just trying to get to the kitchen " I shook my head as a laugh escape my lips, I breathed a sigh of relief . " you almost gave me heart attack, I thought everyone would be asleep " I tried to gather myself as I looked up at the him as his dark auburn hair was perfectly kind of mess with his big cheesy smile made me laugh. My eyes slowly trailed down at his bare chest took me by surprise, my eyes quickly shot away in embarrassment realizing that I was checking him out . " umm I was just leaving .. s-sorry"  I quickly reached for the cold door handle but he stopped me with his voice.                            " why are you in a rush, you can eat breakfast you know? " he questioned as I kept my eyes on my hands not trusting myself to look up  " family stuff , no biggie " I played it off with a chuckle trying to sell it as much as I could . He raised his eyebrows clearly in disbelief but quickly smiled, letting it go . He moved away from the door as I stepped toward it grabbing on the handle                " ohh Venus thank you for coming, I can see that you really help Fawn " -  I lightly smiled  " well she definitely helps me ... see you later Scott" I quickly made my way out leaving him behind. I leaned against the door, "what is wrong with you Venus get it together " I whispered to myself shaking my head.  I quickly recovered jumping into the driver seat of my truck throwing my dress in the back seat as I pulled out into the empty roads. In the passenger seat there sat Ian's jacket , as glimpses of homecoming night flash through my head.  I knew I needed to give it back but I didn't want to just yet. All my mind could Remember was how his strong arms were armed around me and his lips so close to connecting with mine, so close is the key word here though.      I pulled over on the side of the street taking a breath, I wasn't ready to go home yet and I am so mad at myself for it. I should want to be with my family and to be there for my brother, but I just want to be anywhere but there.  Everything in my life seems to be just one big joke, like someone at any moment was going to come out and tell me it was all just a sick joke for the past 16 years. If this God loved me so much or loved Jace then why are we suffering. My tears soaked Fawn's pajamas as I just sat on the side of the road not ready to go back to that place that i'm supposed to call home. Once again I was breaking apart for other people, breaking for Jace, Lance, my mom, and even fawn. Not one tear was ever shed for myself, it never was and no one is crying tears for me. I'm just that messed up girl crying rivers of tears in a black old truck on side of the some random road wanting someone to save her from her life.

After a decent 20 minutes of crying, I somehow found the strength to start my truck slowly driving down the road to my unforsaken house. As I got closer and closer I could see the red and blue lights flashing in front of my house, I would know those lights from miles away. My stomach was flipping inside of me, something wasn't right..... Something was terribly wrong. Before I could stop myself I jumped out of my truck as I watched my mom's sickening boyfriend get put into back of a police car. Everything was silent like I muted the world before me and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. I knew deep down that this time it was different. I ran to the door trying to get inside, the cops flooded the area and some even tried asking me questions or stopping me from entering. I don't know how but I pushed past them, it felt like an eternity trying to get inside, but when I did my mother was beaten, bruised and balled up on the living room floor shaking.  I went over to her in a panic  " where is Jace? Mom!! Where is jace?" I felt my tears run down my face as I yelled to my mom but she stayed silent as I caught medics flooding the hallway where Jace's bedroom was.  My heart beat was so loud I think the neighbors could of heard it and my feet felt like rocks were glued to them as I walked forward towards the chaos. The sounds of people trying to yell at me to stop didn't matter to me and I shook loose out of the grip the doctors had on me trying to prohibit me from seeing my brother. Oh God please don't let this be real, as I made it closer and closer I hoped he'd run right out and his little body would fall onto on for comfort but, that's not what I saw......

Before I could even do anything my knees gave out on me, I started to crumble to the hard wooden floor when a pair of strong arms held me up as I screamed trying to make my way to my little brother.  The man held me tight as I fought hard to get out of his grip. I wasn't there for my brother, and he's gone. One text missed, one phone call missed and now he's gone. He had no one because I decided to focus on my own life, it's like his didn't matter.  I watched as they took him away all wrapped up, my heart screamed in pain as I clung onto the man. Everything was slipping from right from under my feet, I still couldn't hear anything but the voice of Jace telling me he loved me before he would go running into another room. My brain was all clouded and  my vision was all blurry as I tried to get to my feet to run after the people taking Jace but the man held me like he knew exactly what I needed even if I didn't. His strength felt so familiar but I was so tired and in shock that I couldn't even think or speak. How could this be real?  I refused to believe my baby brother is gone.  If there was a God , how could he do this to him? There was so much he didn't get to do, so many things he didn't get to see or experience. Jace was a child, how can a child be taken? He still had his innocence and a life that barely even began.

After a recent amount of time to process what I just witnessed I started accepting the facts, now I thought what's next? What happened? How did it start? I managed to pull myself off the floor and out of the mans arms. My eyes were tired of crying, and my body was very weak. I looked up at the man seeing his police uniform tight to his muscular body, he had to least be in his late 40s but he looked so familiar. His dark brown eyes burned into my soul  as he just looked down at me. "Ian " I whispered realize that this had to be his dad. " Thank you Mr. Frost" I manage to stumbled out as he gave a smile reaching over and pulling me into a hug as I could feel his empathy for me and my life. " you can call me James, Im going to leave my number on your fridge so if you need anything i'm just a phone call away, I will be back tomorrow to bring your mom and you to the station seeing that your mom is no condition to talk right now" He said as he continued to hug me as I buried my face into his chest trying to forget this all happened but it was little too late for that. I needed to feel some security and right now he's all I got to get that,      I let him go as tears filled my eyes " what happened" I choked up trying to stand strong, but he didn't say anything but just stared  me with sad eyes " I think you already know the answer to that kid"He said as I thought about how a human bean could do that to a little kid. I should have been here, maybe it wouldn't have been him who was in that body bag. He was always trying to protect our mom and I and he did protect us but I should have been the one that protected him. I looked over at the small blood stain on the floor that made me very nauseous and light headed. I needed to get out of the house, I can't be in this house I repeated over and over in my head as I struggled to the front door not even bothering to check on my mom who was still balled up on the living room floor. I mangned to reach the front door taking in the cold air as it burnt my tired lungs. I sat there on the steps that follow up to the door to the house, tears just fell down my face not even ready to processes anything that was happening, I just stared as the leaves fell off the trees preparing for a long winter. I squeezed my eyes shut feeling myself

Hours had to have gone by while I sat there on those stairs, Ian's dad must have left because I noticed his cop car was gone along with all the other cop cars. All there was , was my little black old pickup truck looking just as drained as I was. It was like my mind total shut off for that last couple of hours after they took Jace away. I looked around and the sun was starting to set upon the sky, my body was shaking from the cold but I didn't care. It was better than being in that house, if I walk back in that house I know my mind will total shut off again so I stumbled my way to my truck laying in the back seats. The only source of heat was from Ians jacket that I wrapped around my numb body. His scent filled my nose as I closed my eyes as a small tear feel from my cheek onto Ian's jacket. What is happening ? Why is this happening ?