Chatper 47

Venus's P.O.V

"you will not lie for her, you will tell the truth, don't let her manipulate you" I told myself taking a seat in the chair that most likely many monsters have spued their little lies. Including my Mother. I swallowed hard ready to tell them everything they needed to know. " can you tell us about your Mothers relationships she's had?" The man asked, well this is an easy question, every relationship was complete crap. " My Mother has always been with abusive men, I don't think she's ever been with a decent man." I spoke softly looking into his eyes firmly. " Can you tell me about this man?" he held up a picture of the disgusting man who murdered my baby Brother. My stomach flipped and tears started to well up. " He was very abusive, he is a disgusting human being, he is a drug addict and a horrible person. he is the one who killed my brother" I forced away my tears and took another deep breath. I needed to pull it together, I cannot fall apart yet.

" Can you tell me what you saw happen" he looked at me so deeply, he was serious and a little intimidating. " I wasn't home when it happened, I just pulled up when I saw them-" taking another deep breath squeezing my eyes shut I tried to finish my side of this tragic story. " I saw the EMT's putting Jace in a body bag, I ran in the house to find my Mother beaten and the mess in the bedroom from my Brothers bleeding body. I then saw the weapon used to kill him, a baseball bat" I managed to get out as the tears that were pricking at the back of my eyes slipped out. I don't know how many more questions I could take, I was already about to curl up in a ball on the floor and cry my tired eyes out. I saw him sign something to the other officer, my biggest fear is if they bring my monstrous Mother in here, I swear to God I will beat her more than she already is. " Mr. Frost, Listen, I know you're just doing your job but, I cannot be around my Mother, you'll end up throwing me in one of those cells out there, I lost my Brother, I have watched my mom be beaten for as long as I can remember and I am about to break. Please, don't put me through anymore tonight" my voice was now so raspy, the tears came streaming down my face. He took a deep breath. " I understand, you have to know I will need to know more tomorrow", I sighed in relief and laid back in the chair breathing in the contaminated air. This isn't real.

" Venus, I don't do this often but, I have a spare room, tonight you can stay, you'll be safe and we can revisit this in the morning", I just nodded to Mr.Frosts words, everything I was hearing was a  blur, it was faded and didn't matter in the slightest. I needed to go to bed and dream this awful night away. He escorted me out of that horrid room back to Ian and Fawn, " Ian come here for a moment son" Mr. Frost called him over as I walked to Fawn, she wrapped her arms around me. I basically melted in her embrace and allowed her to support my weight, I couldn't stand on my own anymore, I didn't want to. " I will be driving you home Fawn and Venus to my house, come on let's get out of here" Ian said softly helping Fawn carry me to the big, old truck. I gave up, my body was weak, it was all numb. As we got in the truck I found myself just staring out the window not saying a word, in fact, the whole car ride was silence, no radio, talking or even that small sound of wind that creeps in. Just silence. " I'll call you tomorrow, please tell me if you need anything, I love you" Fawn smiled as she got out of the truck walking to her house. I love you? She's never, ever said I love you to me. Were we actually that good of friends? She actually cared. She was my Best Friend, without even trying, she became my one and only Best Friend.

" you know you guys don't have to do this for me, you could take me home" I whispered as Ian drove, " I am not taking you back to that hell hole Venus, forget it" He was stern, it's like he was being protective over me. " thank you" I didn't have the energy to tell him to leave me alone or stop caring or just to be rude to him. I honestly am tired of fighting, I'm tired of always having a guard up, I just want to be free, I want to be loved. I want Jace back, I just want a good life.

Pulling up to the big, tan, homey looking house I get this sense of safety, it was like nothing on earth could hurt me here. I definitely just wanted to sleep, I didn't want to shower or change or eat, I needed to sleep, I was done with this night. Before I could open the door Ian came up and picked me up out of my seat carrying me into the house, I became a dead weight and allowed him to just do everything for me. As we entered the safe house, my nose was filled with the sweet aroma of Carmel and fall, it even smelled like a home in here. Ian carried me into this bedroom that was perfectly decorated, it had pictures of trees all over and the bedspread was a plain dark green color, you knew this boy was some sort of country. Kinda stereotypical if you ask me.

Tucking me in, I was already had asleep, he was about to walk out when something in me called out for him " please don't leave me" he took a deep breathe slipping off his shoes. "I'm not going anywhere" He whispered crawling into the bed with me wrapping his arms around me. Just like that, I ended the night with Ian Frost again, this time curled up in his arms hoping he'd save me.