Chapter 52

Fawn's P.O.V

" Fawn, we have so much going on right now with your Grandfather and you, I don't know if we can do this too" my Mother was grabbing her car keys and coffee ready to head out for her shift, I couldn't abandon Venus, she needed somewhere to go and, I can't just deny her. " Mom I never ask you for anything, she needs somewhere to go and she's been the only one able to help me through this all, please let me help her now" I pleaded following her towards the door. My Mother has never been one to deny someone of help even when's he should, I know I can get her to agree, she has to admit that Venus has been the one who's helped me the most through this whole process. " Fawn, I will talk to your Grandparents and, if she absolutely has no where to go, I am not gonna let her be in the streets or a foster home so we will discuss it later" she said in a stern tone shutting the door in my face heading out for her long shift in my least favorite place. The wonderful, smelly, one of a kind hospital. Venus was not going to leave this town, she was not going anywhere without me. I cannot be without her, I've already lost so many people, I can't lose her too.

" Claire, come over, I miss you" I said softly " okay okay I am coming" she laughed a little hanging up, I needed my cousin, not only because she was like my other half but, because she needed more than ever. I know she's not okay, she's so far from it and, I can't just leave her in the dust as she gets swallowed up in the tide that's coming to fill the drought. She busted through my door heading straight to my fridge for one of those juice boxes that your parents always pack in your lunches as a child. " so, tell me what's up how are you, how are you and Caleb?" I questioned taking a seat at my kitchen table. She laughed a little rolling her eyes sipping the fruity juice box, " I'm okay I guess, trying to just move past him, he's gone for good anyway, I'll never have to see him again so that will probably help if I ever end up. stepping foot back into that church" my mind was wandering all over the place now, what does she mean by that blunt statement? " wait do you not know?" Claire said setting down her drink taking a deep breath. " Lucas and Caleb and their family are going to a new church, Mark got another job and they think It'll be best for everyone, I thought you would of got a text. but, I'm guessing you have him blocked." she looked into my eyes so concerned, I thought I would of felt more happy but, all I felt was a small relief and hurt. I needed Lucas completely out of my life and, I was never going to let him re-enter it either. This was my out, him leaving I think is a answered prayer in some way, God's making him disappear from my life because maybe he knows that I can't do it anymore. I can't see him and Amber, I cannot see Lucas, my heart is trying to piece itself together from all the things that have pierced it along the way. Maybe, just maybe things will start to look up.