Chaper 43

Venus's POV

I sat there on the cold floor of the police station. I had to come in with my mom for questioning. Seeing I'm not 18 yet I literally have no where to go for the next couple of days . My little brother his dead, my mom is. going to prison and I am alone with my thoughts just praying someone comes to save me from this madness.  My tears never stopped flowing from my eyes since the night before and My life has turned into a circus where everyone is watching the crap show. I couldn't believe that this was all happening, my once warm bed turned into a over sized jacket and leather seats with no heat. My mom was falling apart as expected and she still won't say what happened but I needed to know what happened to my baby brother.  I was going to have to do this all by myself.

I pressed my back up against the wall in the police station as I buried my face into my knees, still just praying like hell. Officers tried to offer me food and something to drink but. my anxiety screamed at me way too loud, nothing was going to sit well in my stomach.  Laying my head in my legs I let my emotions run wild, tears kept dropping from my pale face that was now a bright red. For once in my life I was crying for myself, I cried for my own pain and agony inside my chest. Looking up to the ceiling my words just started pouring from my mouth: "God you listen to me right now , you need to save us from this horror of a life . I can't do this right now I can't be strong anymore I need you to help me" I prayed and prayed for a good hour listening to my voice and not my mom. My praying got interrupted as Fawn's faint voice came into the room " hi " she whispered I didn't hesitate before wrapping my arms around her. I needed someone and here someone came, nothing made sense at all but let me tell you God heard me. He knew I needed someone to sit with me and listen to me, he knew I needed someone to say it was going to be okay, even though we all know this situation is so far from okay. 

" I failed him Fawn , I failed Jace . I should have been their to protect him and I wasn't there. I was to busy with my stupid life " I cried out , it was the first words that came out since I found out he was dead . " it's not your fault Venus " she said trying to wipe my tears . She wasn't understanding, it was my fault this is all my fault " yes it is! You don't know! It is my fault Fawn! I wasn't there to protect him, it should of been me!" I screamed , out to nowhere Ian came over and tried to grab my hand but I pulled away quickly . I didn't want to be touched by any guy right now and my heart was still deeply broken about what he did. I ran my fingers through my tangled hair . "what can't you guys not see? And why would you understand? My little brother was killed by my moms psycho, messed up, pathetic boyfriend. I wasn't there to fight him off, I wasn't there to protect him from my idiot of a mother" I could feel my anger started to consume me "I knew that her boyfriend and her fought but I never thought it'd get this bad, I never thought my little brother would try to be the hero! Jace watched that disgusting rat of a man beat the hell out of my mom with a baseball bat, he jumped in and then he beat the shit out of Jace and killed him instantly" I could barely get my word out before I went into a state of crying again. My mind wouldn't let me believe it. I could feel two body's press against me as they held me close . We must have been hours that we just sat there on the cold floor crying. It was nice to have people with me holding me for a change.

My world was turning upside down and there was nothing I could do than just watch it happen. I had no control but to spin and spin until life decisions its done with me .