Chapter 25

-  Venus -

"Venus please come to youth group tonight " Lance begged me through the phone I could imagine him on his hands and knees. "Lance , I don't want to see Lucas an-" I tried to explain when he quickly cut me off "I don't want to either thats why I need you there Venus..please " I rolled my eyes taking a big sigh knowing that he was gonna win this fight "awesome be there in 10" he hung up the phone as I fell onto my bed . Looking up at the ceiling I could feel the voice in my head saying not to go but it was little late for that . I ran my fingers through my mess of curls thinking about Lucas wondering how he could do this to a perfectly amazing girl just destroying her but I guess that's how life is , full of disappointments and heartache. Suddenly I heard a faint knock at my door before I saw Jake slowly walk in climbing into the bed lying next to me . I could feel his eyes burning into me " what do you need Jake " I sighed turning my head to see his brown eyes locked into mine . A small smile spread across his face " where you going" he questioned needing to know everything. " church" his eyes got wide, of course he was shocked. I don't seem like the church going type. " where they like pray and like put holy water on you" a small laugh escape my lips "this church is different " his eyebrows furrowed in confusion "how " he said as I looked back up at the ceiling thinking. "Well it's comfortable like being at home , and when you walk in it's like a breath of fresh air feeling like all your worries disappeared " I smiled just thinking about it forgetting that Jake was still laying right there as he just started at me in amazement "I want to go " he grinned . I laughed as I got up as he followed "I promise I will take you but just not this time " he smiled up at me before wrapping his little arms around my waist "I love you Venus you are the best " he whispers into me . I could feel tears burning at my eyes as I heard his words  "I love you more buddy " I whispered kissing his head, he obviously was done with me now and the emotional moment we just had so he escaped quickly back to the living room. I shut the door behind him, tears slowly started welling up and pouring down my rosy cheeks. My legs got weak  forcing me to slip down to the floor . Tears rolled down my face faster and faster not even knowing why I was crying it felt so good to just cry and let all my bottled up emotions burst out of that prison. Seeing Fawn broken knowing how hard this is for her and seeing Jake knowing that he is so young and has never been able to stay in one place at a time . I guess I'm crying for everyone else, that's what I always do . I care about people so much , I feel what they are feeling, my gift is empathy and understanding. I can't remember the last time I cried for myself, I guess i just became comfortable with all my pain that it just went unnoticed.
The tears started to come slower and slower until I wasn't crying anymore just sitting up against the door watching the rain pour against my window. I took a deep breath picking myself up brushing off then quickly pulling off my damp shirt putting on a oversized, gray sweatshirt slipping on a pair of jeans . Bending down putting on my old black converse, they were so wore out from all the running that I do even though they aren't running shoes. I stuck my phone in my back pocket heading out of my room toward the front door before a hand gently grabbed my shoulder. I turned around seeing my mom "where you going , it's pouring out rain " she said pointing to the window as the storm roared outside. I cleared my throats looking at her " I'm going to youth group at church " her eyes softened as a small smile appeared on her lips " well is someone picking you up because if not I can just go gra-" I grabbed her hand stopping her from grabbing her keys " I'm fine mom, someone is picking me " I sighed as she gave me a quick hug "ok well be careful " she smiled before I walked out the door seeing lances headlights in my driveway running to the car into the storm quickly jumping in seeing lance with a big , goofy smile waiting for me . I couldn't help but laugh little as he back out as the rain practically shook the car. "Is your car gonna be able to make it ?" I questioned giving him a concerned look slowly putting on my seatbelt as the car bounced down the road . He smiled rubbing his hands up and down the steering wheel "hey don't doubt the lance-mo-beal, this baby is just getting little old that's all " he laughed looking at me as I held on to my seat for dear life . "If I don't make it , tell my little brother that I love him "I said as we pulled into the church see only 2 cars in the parking lot and None of them being fawns . I mean why would she come , her best friend and Her boyfriend have been smacking lips for who knows how long .
The thunder roared through the church as we slowly walked to find everyone else . My heart raced with anger just waiting to see their two pathetic faces as I bit my tongue as we walked down the stairs feeling the thunder shake the feet under me as I kept my eyes focused straight . I had a feeling that there was worst storm building inside me then the one that was outside . Lance looked at me as I bite my lip as he placed his hand in my shoulder before we walked in " just be calm " I gave him a fake smiled for walking in finding the first empty seat as lance took a seat next to me . "Venus , how nice it is to see you again " Mark smiled as he patted my back as I looked up at him giving him a quick smile "you too" I sighed as he took a seat grabbing his massive bible . My eyes scanned the room as I saw him just sit on the couch with his head hung low . My body roared with anger as I felt everything in me wanting to just scream and just kill him for what he did . He looked at me then quickly looked back down not wanting to stare to hard . Suddenly a phone started to ring , mark smiled as he pulled his phone out of his pocket looking down as his face become confused "hold on guys I gotta take this " everyone looked at him as he picked up the phone . I heard Scott's voice cry over the phone , it was hard to make out what he was saying but then suddenly you heard it . The words that was gonna make the storm inside me erupt. Lance saw the look on my face as my eyes tuned to Lucas . I stood up biting my tongue breathing heavy trying so hard not to explode but it was when I heard Lucas voice that made me lose it " what is it " he whispered. "Fawns in the hospital, she tried to kill her self " lance whispered as he grabbed my hand trying to pull me back down as tears burned my eyes " It's all your fault , you just couldn't keep your lips to yourself could you " I said with a chuckle as my eyes locked with Lucas. I could tell that fear started to take him over as everyone looked at us, Mark looked at us "Venus what are you talking about " I looked at Mark then back at Lucas as a tear rolled down my cheek in anger " oh so you didn't happen to telling daddy I see " I laughed wiping the tears away as Lucas stared at me " stop it " he whispered as he stood up . "You should have thought about that before you went and cheated on Fawn with her best friend, now look what you did . You put a girl in the hospital because she couldn't handle the pain that you caused her all because you wanted to get your dick wet " my storm was pouring harder and harder as Lucas eyes became wet with grief. "VENUS !!" Mark yelled as the words poured out of my mouth . This was just the start nothing could stop the storm roaring inside me . My tears came down faster now as I kept my eyes on him " your such a coward, Fawn deserves a guy that will love her for all the amazing things that she is . Not some piece of shit guy like you" before I could even finish lance picked me up and carried me out and suddenly I left a weight lift off me as I sobbed into him . He didn't say anything but just held me as I could hear the storm outside stop but the storm in me was still very much there . Fawn tried to kill herself, why didn't I do anything? I could have done something, she felt like there was no other way but there was. Lance carried me out to the car setting me down as my eyes felt tired from all the crying theses past couple of days. I took a deep breath realizing that I just cussed out Lucas in a church and I didn't even care. Lucas disgusts me, he didn't even care that he made someone feel so low to the point where they had to take their own life. How can you be so cold hearted? He deserved everything I said, I don't care if it was in a church or not God knows what I was thinking anyway. Lance looked over at me " I'm pretty proud of you , he deservesd everything that you said but Venus you have to realize that Lucas is a person to . Yeah he is not a good person but he is a human that has feelings" my eyes widened looking at lance " Fawn tried to kill herself because of him , please don't try to tell me how amazing Lucas is right now. I'm on the edge  lance don't start with me " I sternly said as he backed the car up taking a sigh . "Want to go get something to eat , I think you need a big chocolate milkshake from Ruby's right now "he smiled driving down the road, I nodded not really listening to much . We bounced down the road bump after bump, Lance couldn't keep his eyes off me and for what reason? I have no idea. "Vee I know this is a bad time but I wanted to know if you wanted to go to homecom-" suddenly the car started to smoke then slow down until it came to a complete stop "did the car just break " he rolled his eyes nodding " I will call a tow truck " he said taking his phone out stepping out of the car. I sighed putting my feet up in the dash leaning my seat back waiting 'what a day ' I thought to myself rolling my eyes as I shut them, I needed to take a nap this day has been nothing but depressing.
Suddenly I heard a bang as I jumped up looking around at the unfamiliar sight, I then realized I was still in Lance's car. I looked out the windshield seeing the front of his car open but no Lance . I crossed my arms as I opened the door stepping out of the car seeing Lance with a guy that looked very familiar. Lance smiled at me as I rubbed my exhausted eyes looking at the other guy as he moved his head out from under the front of the car covered in grease slamming the hood shut. My mouth dropped open at the sight of Ian Frost, he works on cars now? What more is there to know about this mystery boy. "Venus " he says grinning with his perfect smile as they both starred at me waiting for me to respond. My body was in shock before I came to giving him a nervous smile " Ian , what you doing here" I questioned trying to play cool as he leaning against lances car "well lance and I are old buddies and I work on cars with my dad so he gave me a call and here I am . All fixed up " he smiled tapping the front of the car, I just nodded looking down at the floorboard of the car. "well aren't you just the whole package" I sighed with a smile , he shrugged looking me up and down with a little chuckle "how that knee, and I'm so sorry about that again " he was genuine, it wasn't that kind of sorry that you just say out of pity or because you have no idea what else to say. "it's still little sore but much better thanks to you " I didn't wanna sound like a complete moron, but I think I already failed. Thanks to you? What was I thinking that was horrible flirting. He was in gray sweat pants and white tank top covered in whatever was underneath the old lance mo'beal, his muscles melted against his shirt showing every Curve. Lance broke my fascination as he looked at the both of us    " well thanks Ian but we better get going " lance quickly said jumping in his car as I slowly gave ian a little wave. Lance started it up zooming away leaving ian in the dust "why you such in a rush " I laughed looking at him . He kept his eyes focused on the road "I just forgot I have to help my mom with something" he said now with a more annoyed tone, maybe even jealous.  I furrowed my eyebrows looking over at him "weren't you gonna ask me something " I said remember that he was telling me something before the car gave up on us . His eyes became sad keeping them on the wet road in front of him "nevermind it was nothing " he sighed giving me a quick fake smile . I looked at him and shrugged looking out the window remembering fawn and everything that happened today . My mind became tired again wanting to go back to sleep and waking up wanting this all to go away knowing it won't . Everyone says that I just have to trust that everything will be ok and trust in God . But if God wasn't mad at me then me wouldn't have done this to fawn and he would have been there for Jake and I when things are tough at home but look where we are . Where is this God at because I'm not seeing him .