Chapter 20

Fawns p.o.v

I know I didn't have the whole story, I just wasn't up for hearing it right now. All I needed to do was breath and not think about the betrayal my friends have caused me, at the moment I'm lost in a dark abyss I cannot find my way out of.
" Fawn please tell me what happened?" My brother whispered, I was choking my words out still chronically crying. " Lucas- and- amber they, they, he cheated on me" I couldn't stop myself from these tears, from this horrid pain that was building inside of my body. I believe I could handle this, how can God pull me through something so painful, what have I done to deserve such a dark pain?

Scott just held me a while longer, he carried me up to my room so my grandparents wouldn't worry too much, I know for a fact my Grandpa would want to go out and kill whoever caused me so much damage.
" you shouldn't contact them right now, you need a break, your in no shape to talk" my brother said softly as he laid next to me.
I loved Scott, he always had my back, no matter what I would do he'd be there and even though we fight he'd never leave me behind. Whatever I needed he'd take care of for me, but I could see the anger rising in his eyes every time a tear fell from my big hazel eyes. My pain was killing him, to see me in a such way was like a knife to the chest for him.
" please don't leave me, I don't think I can do this" I looked to him with tearful eyes squeezing my eyes together so tight trying to fight the rest of the water works from coming out. " shhh shhh shhh" he held me and kissed the top of my head trying to pull me out of this panic attack " I'm not going anywhere."

My eyes fluttered open, I heard voices from down the stairs as I woke, they were deep and sort of calming. I sat up and went to look for my phone but couldn't seem to find it, I think for a small fraction of time I forgot about the tragedy that happened. But a pain like that just doesn't disappear, it lingers and it haunts.
As I walked down the stairs slowly I tried to make out what the voices were saying,
" papa they are seriously going to damage her" Scott spat, " bud I know but we must keep our calm, she needs to take time to talk to them, or someone" he said.
Oh great now my grandpa knows, this is going to be just a magical day. I walked down the stairs to face them, my grandpa knew that I hated being smothered or being told it's okay, or that I'm sorry so he nodded and hugged me tightly then let go after a long awhile.
" where's my phone?" I questioned, Scott was hesitant about giving me the small device that held so much terror but then did anyway. As I looked down I found I had 26 missed calls from amber, 40 texts from Venus, 100 calls from Lucas, 60 texts from Claire and 60 from Lindsay. I took a deep breath and went up the stairs slowly. I decided to call back Venus
" hello?!" She answered in a panic,
" hi",
" Fawn you gotta talk to them, but first just know that what they did was wrong and I am here for you",
" thank you, I'll call you soon" I hung up and took a another deep breath looking down on my phone. I decided to call Lucas, this one was going to be messy. The phone rang for about a second and he picked up,
" Fawn please listen-" I cut him off, his words were shaky but mine where having a seizure.
" I love you, I have from the start and you hurt me, you know I hate you! I seriously can't believe this, how could you do this? And with my best friend? What the hell is wrong with you I cried, he stayed silent for a second.
" I just liked her before fawn" his words hit my small body like a train, he liked her before?
" you liked her? But you have been with me for 2 years? You liked her" a small laugh came out of my mouth.
" I'm sorry, I - just-" I cut him off once again tired and too hurt to listen to him anymore.
" I hate you so much right now" I threw my phone across the room and sank down the wall letting my head fall between my knees.

I can't see how someone can hurt you so bad but say they were so utterly in love with you, I can't imagine how you can live with yourself after that. He seemed so in love with me, how could it all be lies. All of this was just so much, I couldn't do all of this, how could I do this?
I sat there holding my knees to my chest, the tears just fell from my eyes, they kept coming and wouldn't stop.
" Fawn?" A soft voice said, I turned to see amber, she hadn't been crying at all. Her eyes were as dry as the desert. She seemed fine, the light hadn't been sucked out of her, she had what she wanted.
" go away!" I screamed,
" Fawn please",
" amber I can't do this with you, not now! How could you do this" my voice went back down to a calmer level.
" Fawn I just don't know I can't help how I feel!" She spat,
" LEAVE" I screamed getting up unable to control myself, I forced myself at her pushing her out my door ready to do whatever my body wanted to her.

With that moment my brother came and took her down the stairs away from me, I couldn't stand to look at her face. I couldn't do it, my heart broke in 100 different ways when I looked into her eyes that seemed so guilty and somehow so happy at the same time.
" Fawn" Claire ran to me wrapping her arms around me along with Venus and Lindsay.
They knew I was broken.