Chapter 17

Venus 

            What is happening to me? I asked myself as I walked my way through the schools narrow hall ways. Not even a couple weeks ago I was the new girl , the girl that kept her head down when people walked by. Now I am trying to protect a girl that I barely even know. The whole thing is though, I don't know what I am exactly protecting her from. I am praising or whatever I am doing to a God that I didn't know was there until a couple days ago. I am totally different person.... and I don't want to go back.
My last class of the day , Psychology  was quickly approaching my view. I quickly walked in and took a seat not realizing who I was sitting next to.
"Hey Venus " a girl quietly spoke beside me, I know that voice . I looked over to see Amber sheepishly smiling at me, as she held her phone tightly in her sweaty palms.
"Oh hey" I said lightly smiling at her before going back to writing in my notebook trying not to make to much a conversation with her. I could feel her stare burning on me , as if she was waiting for me to say something.
"Amber Mac, will you please come here" the teacher demanded as he stood waiting for her. I glanced over to see her quickly get up slowly walking up to him. I looked back at my notebook about to finish my note until a bright light caught the corner of my eye. I slowly looked over to see ambers phone shining bright upon her desk. My Curiosity started to build inside me as I leaned over looking at the source of the light. It was a text message .. from Lucas
I can't wait for the movies this weekend <3
Suddenly my breath got caught in my throat as I started to cough shocked at what lies before me. Everyone eyes shot in my direction including ambers . My eyes connected with her as her eyes suddenly went wide filling with fear.
"Miss Cadwell do you need to step out for some air?" The teacher asked me, before I could respond I stood up walking to the door. Amber shot over to her deck grabbing her phone into her hands . The door slammed behind me as my body fell against the lockers in the empty hall way. My breath was heavy as I grasped for air to fill my lungs, my hands shook as if I just had saw a ghost. God only knew how much I wished it was a ghost, but in heart I knew it was much worse. My jaw suddenly tightened and my hands rolls up into tight fists, I wasn't saddened I was angry of the betrayal I witnessed .
The bell rung through out the school, I quickly went back into the classroom heading straight for my things. My anger still grew inside me , knowing that whatever was on ambers phone wasn't meant to be seen .
"Venus, let me explain " Amber pleaded knowing I caught her in a lie. I blocked her out understanding that I couldn't control what I might do if I saw her face. I picked up my stuff flying out the door into the crowded hall way. I pushed my way through the people as I kept my head down as the unsettling words rushed through my mind .
I can't wait to go to the movies this weekend <3
I reached my locker throwing in my books with such a power that the metal rang through the hall.
"Venus , are you ok" lance whispered watching me along with everyone else. I slammed my locker shut looking at him with a glare.
"Tell me lance , is everyone going to the movies this weekend " I questioned trying to keep my calm. He looked at me as his eyebrows rose, he knew I wasn't happy.
He put up his hand in surrender " no, we were all planning on staying home, that is what Lucas told me. Why do you want to?" I kept my mouth shut as pushing passed him "I need to go" I didn't waste anytime getting outside into the autumn air. The cold wind cooled down my burning cheeks, as I walked down the street. My anger slowly turned into confusion , how could they do something like that to Fawn? I see the way she loves him, with such a passion that could destroy her. God was telling me that this girl isn't just anyone, That she is going to be a huge part of my life. That I need to protect her ...
The wind picked up as my wavy hair blew in the breeze. My feet slowed down as the church came into my view, not realizing that i must have took a wrong turn so stuck in my thoughts. I took a deep breath as I slowly walked over realizing this was more home than what I have to go back to. I dropped my bag down in front of the building as I made my way around . I turned the corner keeping my head down not looking up as the wind blew in my face .
"Venus" My head shot up seeing Lucas sitting on the steps looking over at me. My eyes suddenly got wide as they quickly filled with anger. This can't be happening I said to myself. I slowly walked over to him keeping my head down "Lucas " I spoke not looking at him.
His eyebrows furrowed as he looked up at me "um is there a problem " he questioned as his voice grew deep. My heart began to pick up speed as my hands tightened into a fist suddenly looking up at him " what a surprise... " I whispered as my eyes roared with anger. "I know about you and Fawn -" Lucas suddenly jumped up cutting me off "shhh you can't say that out loud my parents might hear you" he whispered looking around. I backed away from him as my feelings suddenly took control "okay then maybe you can tell me about you and Amber then" Lucas eyes turned wide, his heart dropped to the pavement. I stood there as my arms were wrapped around myself as the wind suddenly roared through the trees. Lucas turned away from me frightened of me seeing what others couldn't "I have no idea what you are talking about... you don't even know me" he growled as he spoke looking down. My whole body shook with anger as the lie ran from his mouth "I have heard enough lies to know that is what you are doing, I saw the text you sent to Amber , Lucas " I said as I stepped little closer to him trying to keep my calm. His face turned red with anger hating every second of our conversation. "it is none of your business so stay out of it" he kept his head down not wanting me to see inside. " Lucas... whatever you and Amber are planning on doing this weekend I suggest you don't because you are going to hurt her" I whispered before starting to walk away from him so I don't lose complete control of my emotions. "Fawn will be fine without me ..." he raised his voice a bit wanting me to hear him. I turned around as he looked at me as his face was filled sadness. Out of all the emotions he could be feeling right now it was sadness. I took a deep breath "I see the way you two look at each other and Lucas we both know that you doing this won't just hurt her... it's going to hurt you. You love her and not even you can hide that " I said as his eyes filled with despair. I knew I triggered something because for a second his wall suddenly started to fall down as he looked at me. "Just remember what you can't do for her ,someone else can" I yelled out as I left him there on those church steps.
God once said to trust him and he will fix the rest. I can't fix what might happen to Fawn or what might happen to Lucas but I know that I am ready to fight this battle , because Fawn isn't just some girl she is bigger than that. God brought her into my life and she is meant to stay.