Chapter 9

Venus

These halls tend to get smaller the more steps I take. My mind was spinning with the never ending thoughts, as the morning hovers over me. People were talking and laughing about how great their lives were, and how they can't wait for the weekend. Their laughter filled my ears as my heart started to hurt at the sudden thought of wanting to have a nice laugh with someone. I️ haven't shared a heart felt laugh in so long.

A yawn escaped my lips as I quickly unlocked my locker. Tiredness overwhelmed me, causing me to be oblivious at Lance who was quickly walking over to me."Hey, Venus!" He grins, his excitement flooding over to my locker.

I turn to face him, a half smile spreads across my face as he approaches me. "Hello, Lance."

He leaned against the locker next to mine, filling my nose with his pine tree scent. "You look tired today," he stated.

I could feel his eyes scanning over my face. "Let's just say I didn't much sleep last night." I sighed as I shut my locker.

Lance raised his eyebrows,"Why is that?" he questioned. I see him take out an apple from his bag and take a large bite from it as he waits for my answer.

I look away, not wanting to make eye contact with him any longer."I don't know. I guess I just don't sleep that much." I quickly said as I played with the  schedule in my hand, not wanting to tell him that I listen to a screaming match every night.

"Well, you should definitely start sleeping more," he chuckles, his mouth was full with the sweet fruit.

I nodded in response keeping my head low. Lance grabbed my shoulder forcing me to look up at him. For the first time since I met him, I noticed that he was surprisingly tall. "Meet me after school in the parking lot. I have to ask you something." He bright smile makes its way back to his face as his pranced away to find some sort of trouble

"Okay focus, Venus." I whispered to myself as I started walking, analyzing my schedule. As I looked at my schedule, reading the same words over again, I did not notice someone was coming right in my direction. Before I could do anything, I was already on the cold, hard, floor.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! " I heard a girl's voice say above me. Looking up, I saw the shimming  auburn hair, and a familiar coconut scent filled the air. Fawn, I thought to myself as the she reached out her hand in front of me. I took it letting her assist me.

"No, it's fine. Thank you," I adjusted myself, dusting off my jeans.

"Venus, right?" She grinned as she stared at me with her bright hazel eyes.

I nodded in agreement. "And you're Fawn?" I already knew her name, I mean who didn't, but I didn't want her thinking I was some creeper. I was just Very observant.

She started to walk away, but before she could go any further, I found myself stopping her. "Do you know where D100 is?" I quickly spoke out.

She turned around, pointing down the hall. "It's just down there, to the left." She responded.

I just stared at her. I could tell she had something else on her mind. Her facial expressions displayed that she was full of joy, but her eyes told me something different. I felt like I knew this girl, it's like we had known each other in another life.

She looked at me as I studied her. "Are you okay?" She asked, her voice breaking my train of thought.

"Oh, sorry. You just have really pretty eyes. You're lucky." I smiled, as I quickly started to walk away before It could get anymore awkward, if that was even possible at this point.

As I slowly walked to my class I found myself thinking about those stressed hazel eyes. I wonder if she had more to her than just what everyone else put her out to be. I took my seat at the metal desk next to the window. I don't know why, but I just kept thinking about the mystery that's embedded itself in Fawn.

" There's something that's just not adding up" I mumble to myself.