3~

Richard's POV
The night before...

"Dad..." Jace said uneasily staring at the sky once he got out of the car.

"Yes son, I know its a blood moon, we've seen many before. What makes this one different?" Richard asked unamused.

"Because of that." he said pointing at the demon that hovered over the railing of the balcony and then his sensitive ears picking up the terrified screams of his sister Valencia.

In a flash the two of them transformed from their usual human self into a demon.

Their once dark skin, was now red and scaly, wings spring up from behind them and black horns, matching their now dark and soulless eyed grew on their heads.

Flying up from below, they saw the other demon dive forward before heading another terrified scream from Valencia.

Jumping into action as soon as they reached the top, Jace shielded Val, while their dad fought against the other guy.

********

After sometime, a cry of agony came from the other and he soon flew off into the dark night.

Turning around, his face softened at the sight of his daughter unconscious in Jace's arms.

"Carry her to her room. Then you may start your homework." he said before Jace walked off and he turned back around to meet the mess he'd have to clean up.

********

He managed to set the furniture straight once again and cleaned up the blood that stained the ground but the doors would have to be repaired tomorrow since the glass was shattered.

He walked over the shards, silently reminding himself to clean it. Opening the door to his daughter's room, he walked in quietly watching her body rise and fall as she lay there sleeping.

Placing his hand on her head, so that his the lay directly in the middle of her forehead, he went through her thoughts.

Stopping at the memory of her walking home, he chanted something under his breath and erased all of the memories after that.