32~

Val's POV

“Val?” she heard someone ask from beside her while she needed herself against the concrete wall and her eyes adjusted to the little light that illuminated the small cellars she was now put- more like thrown in.

“Who are you, and how do you know my name?” she asked looking around and her eyes landed on a woman sitting a good distance from her in the corner staring at her with her mouth slightly ajar and she got a mixed feeling of uneasiness and anxiousness.

“Oh my gosh it is you!” the lady shouted, before engulfing her in a hug as sobs escaped her lips.

“Um, miss... I think you have the wrong person. Who are you?”

“You're mom.”

“My mom? Nope. No way that can be. I was told by my dad that my mom died when I was very young.”

“He did what?! I'm going to kill Richard when I see him again.”

“How'd you know my dad's name is Richard?”

“Because Val, I am your mother. My name is Veronica James and I was taken from you, the day you were born. I don't know why, but I've been here ever since.”

“Okay, Veronica. If you're my mother, tell me one thing that only a mother knows.”

“I can't. I told you I was taken from you when you were born.” she said walking away from Val and sinking back into the corner crying and Val sat next to her soon after.

“I want to believe you but so much has happened to me in this week and I don't know who to trust, but something tells me you are telling the truth so I will believe you, mom.” she said and Veronica smiled while they hugged, but soon after the door of cell flung open.

“I'm so 'not' sorry for ruining your little reunion, but my boss said to take you two to a special room to see someone.” a lady who strode in said, followed by two guys who grabbed both Valencia and Veronica and led them to the room.