12~

Val's POV

She opened her eyes and squinted in the darkness of the room.

Reaching above her head,she felt a light switch,flicked it up and light illuminated the room.

Sitting up,a wave of lightheadedness passed over her and she lied back down.

Now on her stomach and lying upside down on the bed, she looked around and recognized the room as the one Kimmy and herself would stay in whenever they planned a sleepover.

Looking to the left side of her she saw someone else asleep in the bed not too far from her.

Sitting up, she steadied her vision, then got off the bed and walked over to the other bed to realize that Kimmy was the one in it.

“Kimmy... Kimmy...” she whispered pushing Kimmy gently.

Kimmy groaned and turned over, opening her eyes.

“You're okay!” she shouted grabbing Val and hugging her.

“Yeah. I'm fine. What happened and why am I at your house?” she asked trying to get out of her best friend's grip.

“Kim... I'm starting to see stars.” she said and Kimmy let go.

“Lets go downstairs. My mom said she'd explain everything to us, because you missed a lot V.”

“How long was I out?” she asked as Kimmy opened the door.

“Counting from school, I'd say five hours.”

“Oh, hey Jace.” she said laughing at his answer.

“Val, Kim.” he said handing them each a bottle of water.

“Your mom said to give you two water once you got up and with my supernatural hearing, I knew you were up since two minutes ago.”

“So where are they?” Kimmy asked while they walked downstairs.

“They're outside talking, but Kimar's asleep. Wait- not anymore. You should go get him.” he said and Kimmy walked down the hallway toward Kimar's room.

“Is dad here?”

“Yeah. He is and he's extremely worried about you. Like what am I, chopped liver?” he asked and they laughed descending the last steps.

Kimmy came down with Kimar in her arms a few minutes later. She placed him on the carpet and put Mickey Mouse on  for him to watch.

“Jace, I know you can here them,so tell us what's going on.” Valencia said.

“You're catching on to this fast.” he said smiling down at her, since she sitting on the carpet.

“Don't try and change the subject. Tell us what they're saying.” Kimmy pried.

“It's not manners to ease drop on other people's conversations.”

“But you did it to us.”

“So?”

“Jace...” Valencia said staring at him, and he looked at her scared as shit.

“Why do you look like like you're ready to shit your pants?” she asked trying to contain her laughter.

“Because that look scares me. Mom used to- never mind.” he said and silence fell amongst them then the adults walked inside the den.