34~

At Jax's family's house
Jax's POV

He walked inside before Nikky and Selena to lead them to the den, where they all would talk before dinner. He told the butler to get his mother, sister and father and some lemonade for them in the meanwhile.

“Mrs. James, your son accompanied by two ladies are here and are requesting you, Ms. James and Mr. James.” The butler, Albert spoke into a buzzer, installed in the kitchen, and soon Jax led them to the den, where they sat and waited.

“Wow Jax, your house is huge.” Selena said in awe, admiring the chandelier overhead and he only chuckled.

“There's my future daughter in-law!” squealed his mom from the top of the staircase and he felt Nikky stiffen beside him but took her hand in his and squeezed it gently before tossing her a smile while his mother descended the stairs quickly.

“Come and give me a hug!” she said excitedly opening her arms in front of her and Nikky got up to hug her, “You're the first girl Jax has brought home!” she said hugging Nikky tighter.

“Mom, I think that's enough.” Jax says

“Okay. I didn't hurt you?” she asked letting go of Nikky.

“No miss.”

“Miss? Please, call me Jerica or mom.”

“Okay.”

“Why don't we take this outside? Nikky, Selena, follow me. Albert!”

“Yes miss?”

“Get dinner ready please.” she said and he bowed before exiting the room and they all walked outside.

×Dinner×
Nikky's POV

In the little time she's been here, she's met Jerica, and Imany who are very nice, but there was no sign of Jax's father.

“Dinner is served.” he said as he uncovered the dishes that were placed in the center of the table. The food consisted of Turkey, Saffron Rice, salad, macaroni pie, lasagna, garlic bread and wine to drink.

“I want to apologise for my husband's absence, but he should be here shortly.” she said and everyone began sharing the food then eating.

×Dessert×

For dessert, Albert, along with two other maids came in carrying chocolate sundaes, toppings and water. They placed them down next to each seat and added another one at the end of the table.

“Who's seat is that?” Selena asked curiously.

“My own.” a man said strolling in and taking a seat.

“I'm sorry for my late arrival ladies. I'm Ishawn, Jax's father.” he said looking in the direction of Nikky and Selena.

“Nice to meet you.” she said and Selena nodded since ice cream was in her mouth.

“I just wanna get right into discussing.”

“Discussing what?”

“I'm guessing Jax didn't tell you this after you were transformed, but you have powers.” he said and Nikky practically chocked on her ice cream, while Selena grinned from ear to ear.