20~

Val's POV

“Go on in Richard.” Katy said and she heard her dad sit down on a chair and sigh.

“Val, I'm so sorry. If I had told you what we were from the start it wouldn't have resulted into this.” her dad said taking her hand into his, “But I promise there won't be any more secrets from this point.”

Jace's POV

Walking inside of the hospital, he was engulfed into a hug by Kimmy.

“Kimmy, where's Val?” he asked.

“She's in a room but your dad's in there now.” she said letting go of him.

“What happened to her?” he asked calmly taking a seat and Kimmy took a seat next to him.

“After my mom told her you guys mom was an angel, she completely lost it. Then you're dad came in and after confirming that she was, she ran up crying. I went up after her trying to comfort her but she had the bathroom door locked and wouldn't open it. When we finally got the door open, she was lying there unconscious with an empty bottle of sleeping pills next to her.” she finished as soon as Richard walked back into the waiting room.

“Is she awake?” Kimmy piped up, hopeful.

“No, she isn't.” Richard replied sighing and sitting on the opposite side of the waiting room.

“Can I go see her?” she asked, quietly.

“No, I don't think so. A nurse came in and escorted me out, saying that they were gonna drain as much of the drug out of her system and hopefully it would wake her up.” he said sighing once again and running his hand through his hair and Jace stared at the floor unblinking.

Richard's POV
2 hours later

“Richard.” she said walking inside the small waiting room.

“Is she okay?” he asked, once he reached her.

“Can we talk in private?”

“Okay.” he replied following Katy out, leaving a half asleep Kimmy and a wide awake Jace.

“What is it?”

“Well, there's no easy way to say this but-”

An ear shattering scream cut their convo short and he instantly recognized the scream as his daughter's.