83.

Beyoncé's Pov
It was around 3:00 p.m. when we finally landed in New Orleans and our driver drove us to August's mother's house where everyone was gathered for a cook out. On the way there August showed Blue some nice sights and told her the history he has with them.

When we arrived to the house we were immediately greeted with hugs and kisses.

Sheila- August, Bey!

Aug- What's poppin moms.

Me- *Smiles* Hey Ms. Sheila.

We gave her hugs.

Sheila- My baby! Godsh you're getting so big!

Blue giggled when Sheila picked her up.

Sheila- Come in guys.

We walked in and boom. More family to meet. I smiled through it all and put up conversations with people who wanted to talk. Blue was having lots of fun with her cousins Chay, Mya, and Kay. Sheila was filling them up with sugary sweets.

I noticed I kept getting side eyes from some of August's mom "friends." They were a little too young to be considered her friends. I somewhat think August had some with one of them. I'm not going to trip though.

I got a phone call from my manager so I walked in the kitchen. When I walked in August's friends, we might as well say, stopped talking. I stopped walking for a second , and then started back. I went to the back room and answered my phone call.

**********Phone Conversation********
Me- Hey, what's up?

Manager- We just got a call from Jay Z management. His show in Nola today is short on entertainment. One segment he had with an artist is open because the artist canceled last minute. They heard you were in Nola and wondered if you could fill in.... one song.

Me- 1) You do realize I'm on a break. 2) Jay is.... Jay.

Manager- I know , I know! I'm sorry. One song. On and off. You don't even have to stay.

Me- I don't even have my crew! You guys!

Manager- Jay's manager will have you all set up....

Me-.... Alright. What time.

Manager- 9:30, be there by 8.

I looked at the time. 6:00 p.m. Lord time flies!

Me- Alright.

Manager- Alright, thank you Bey. Love ya.

Me- Yea, yea, yea. *Chuckles*

***********End of phone call**********

I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen. August's friends were still there. That's when August walked in.

Aug- Hey baby.

Me- Hi.

August hugged me and kissed my cheek.

Aug- I see ya met my people.

I looked at the group of girls.

Aug- Dats my mom's friend daughter.. we go way back.

August pointed to the main girl that was giving me the side eye.

Aug- Hea name Aubrey.

Aubrey- Nice to meet you..

She gave me a lazy hand shake. I just smiled.

Me- I like your necklace.

It was "A" shaped.

Aubrey- Thanks. August bought it when we were teens.

She smiled at August then looked at me. I just looked up at August. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out the kitchen.

Me-*Clears throat* .... My manager called.

Aug- Oh really? Why?

Me- I have to fill in a spot for Jay tonight. One song... on and off.

August looked over at me. I saw his jawline tighten.

August- What time?

Me- 9:30. Got to be there by 8.

August nodded.

August- Let's get da fam and go den.

Around 7:00 the crowd left. That left Sheila, Me, August, Blue, and his nieces. We all made our way to the concert.

At the concert we stood backstage until it was my time. I stood far away from Jay. He was trying to flirt, but I was only there to sing. I didn't do anything, but I know August still feel some type of way about this. And I know I'm going to have to hear about it.