Chapter 2

We weren't able to talk in class much but when it came to lunch I finally got to know him better. He was 18 of course and had just come back after taking junior year off to be home schooled. When I asked why he only mumbled something about his family and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"What?" I laugh nervously as I notice he's been staring about me for awhile with this goofy smile on his face.

"Nothing I'm just waiting for an apology." He teases and I look at him confused.

"You know with your car almost running me over." He says and starts laughing and I feel my cheeks heat up again.

"I'm so sorry. My mom was texting. I swear she can never get off her phone. But how could you tell I was in there? Our windows are tinted black." I joke and his smile dissappears and he just shrugs.

"Did you just move here with your mom?" He asks and I shake my head.

"My parents are still together surprisingly. They just work a lot and I barely see them together. I wish they'd just get divorced so I can move with my dad back to San Diego. I know moving here wasn't his idea." I say sadly moving my hands in my lap.

"I hope they don't. I like you here." He says and as usual my cheeks heat up with every flirty thing he says. Could he like like me? He does come off as really nice. Maybe he just wanted new friends.

"I would kill to leave this place. I've never been anywhere but here." He says and looks around the cafeteria.

"Not even a family vacation or anything?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Our family vacations consisted exploring the rest of Canada. Nothing more. Nothing less." He says and I feel sort of bad for him. When I was younger my parents always brought me along in their business trips, although we never did anything fun together. They always made sure to pay someone who would have fun with me.

"Do you have any siblings? I'm an only child." I say and he clears his throat and runs a hand through his hair.

"Yeah..I've got one brother. Michael." He says and I nod my head listening.

"Is he your older or younger brother?" I ask.

"Twin actually." He says and I'm little bit curious on why he won't make eye contact with me when he talks about his brother.

"Does he go here then?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"My dad didn't like my brother and I going to school here, we actually live miles outside of this town. And after two years he decided to take us out, but I came back because...I need to get out there. Michael doesn't understand and does whatever my dad says and I just don't like talking about either of them." He says and I nod my head understanding immediately. The bell rings and I guess it's time for us to go our separate ways now. He nods his head at me before disappearing down another hallway and I take as much time as I need to avoid going to my next class; p.e.

The moment I walk into the locker room, my heart sinks all the way to the floor when I see that blonde girl from this morning giggling with all her friends in their gym uniforms. That have of course been modified so there shorts are shorter than everyone else's and they have their shirts tied tighter around their waists, their perfectly tiny little waists. I look down at the little gut I had myself and pray none of them talk to me while I'm changing.

"I think I had a bra like that in 8th grade." Her annoying voice whispers quite loudly and they all laugh. Ugh kill me now. I became the target of these dreadful girls and I didn't think it was strange everytime they got their hands on a ball it somehow ended up hitting my head. After another 50 minutes of torture I hurriedly change my pants but right as I take off my shirt, the blonde girl from this morning decides to talk to me.