Chapter 22

When I opened my eyes again I was somewhere much colder. My knees gave out beneath me and as I fell I felt my stomach flip and I doubled over throwing up whatever food was in my stomach.

When I finally do stop throwing up I throw my head back and gasp looking at my surroundings. Trees. Nothing but trees. Was I in the woods? Was I even near my house??

I look in front of me to see the woman who took me.

"What did you do to me?" I groan holding my stomach and she looks at me disgusted.

"It happens to everyone believe me." She says and walks behind me.

"Where am I?" I stand slowly and look back at her.

"You're in the territory of Blood Moon's pack. The pack ruled over by Matthew's father and the largest pack in the country." She says and smiles at me.

"Why did you bring me here?" I groan taking a few steps trying to calm my stomach.

"I'm not going erase your memories again if that's what you think." She says and I close my eyes taking slow breaths.

"Then why am I here." I say longing to be home.

"Just to talk." She says and I let out a dry laugh.

"We could have talked without you doing that to me. Who are you? What are you? What do you want with me??" I yell.

"It doesn't matter who I am. You're the one that matters. The Alpha's mate." She looks at me amazed.

"I know you're a very sick girl." She says and I feel offended at her choice of words.

"Fuck you." I spit at her and in seconds shes in front me and grabs my arms pulling my sleeves down.

I let out a shaky gasp as I look down at the scars across my wrists and watch them slowly open and begin to bleed out.

"Stop! Stop it! Please stop!!" I scream and shut my eyes. I feel her let go and when I open my eyes the bleeding has stopped but my scars are still there.

"What do you want?" I sob.

"I know you're hurting. You're angry and confused. Your time is coming up. Things will get worse and I want to prepare you. Never in my long life have I come across a relationship like this." She says and my thoughts wander to Matthew.

"You never saw me tonight. I promise you. I can make you better." She smiles and places her thumb on my temple. I close my eyes and feel this calm feeling come over me and I stop crying and feel my heart rate slow down.

"You want to feel better don't you? You don't want this....do you?" She touches my wrist and runs her hand over my scar and I nod my head.

"Then send him away. Do whatever you can but make him leave. You cannot be with Matthew please just end it now." She begs me and I widen my eyes at her.

"Selene!!" I hear a male voice call out but when I try to turn around she grabs my face and I gasp when she presses her lips against mine and I push her away.

"Please. Do as I say." She says and I feel myself disappearing. She reaches out and grabs my scarf and snatches it away.

"Wait!" I open my mouth but nothing comes out and everything slowly dissolves away and I find myself standing right outside my front door. I look around crazily trying to find the woman but she's nowhere to be found.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath my mind relives that night seeing Adrian get branded and I cringe remembering the sound of his skin being burned. I hear Matthew's voice on the other end of the door yelling at Adrian who's also yelling back. I want to run inside and yell at them both, I want to call them liars and scream until my throat is raw but then that feeling dissappears. I feel calm and confident. I wipe my face away of any tears and sniffle clearing my nose and throat. The moment my hand touches the door handle the yelling stops and I open the door.