Chapter 8

Matthew's POV

I'm gripping the steering wheel so hard I swear I'm going rip it right out of the car.

She's not ours.

I growl loud as my wolf reminds me, what he continued to remind me all night when I was with Eileen.

"I fucking know just shut up!" I yell and hit my fist against the steering wheel. In my head I hear my father's voice warning me again to stay away from her, I should have listened.

He will smell her on you..

If only there was a way to get him to shut up, my knuckles turn white the harder I grip the wheel and the urge to shift becomes stronger the more I think about what I've done. It is possible she could he my brother's mate and explains why I feel so drawn to her. Adrian must have known that if he tried to date her first I would get in the way, god knows what he must be planning. My phone starts buzzing in my pocket and I already know it's my mother worried about me, I take it out of my pocket and throw it into the passenger seat.

"I'll be fine." I take a few deep breaths but a growl escapes my mouth as I remember how her lips felt against mine, how perfect it felt to have her underneath me. How it would have felt perfectly fine to mark her right there as mine.

I finally reach my house and notice all the lights are off, I park the car and stay inside for a bit with the engine off and my thoughts become jumbled with Eileen, her scent, her voice, her smile, everything. I take another deep breath and walk inside and as quietly and quickly as possible I run to my room just as my mother walks out of her room.

"Matthew wait!" She calls out but I close the door and lock it behind me, she knocks anyway.

"Where were you? Are you okay?" She asks sounding panicked.

"I'm fine mom please I just went out!" I yell back and I know she wants to talk more but she walks back to her room anyway. I sigh and lean my forehead against the wood door but jump when I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turn around and see Michael laying casually on my bed.

"What are you doing in my room? Get out." I keep my voice down.

"Heard something interesting from down south of the pack today." He says and anger builds inside me as I think of Adrian. He sits up and turns on the lamp next to my bed and sighs as crosses his arms behind his head and I glare at him.

"Does dad know?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"What's happened with you? We're brothers we used to tell each other everything." He says sounding hurt.

"You found out I was going to be Alpha and you got competitive." I admit and he laughs and shakes his head as he stands.

"Don't do that. Don't put the blame on me. What's wrong with you? When's the last time you shifted? I swear you start acting human more and more everyday!" He exclaims and I growl stepping closer to him so he learns not to raise his voice at me. He raises his chin to challenge me but then I notice his nostrils flare and he starts breathing me in more and I panic and take a step back.

"Get out of my room now." I say and I notice his fists clench. He takes another deep breath but says nothing as he shoves past me and leaves the room. I lock the door again and breath a sigh of relief, he didn't say anything he didn't notice.

You can't keep this up forever. She'll fall in love with you. Your brother will hate you forever.

My wolf says and I sit on my bed and place my hand in between my knees feeling a ball of guilt form in my stomach.