Chapter 17

"You let Matthew come into my room last night." I say as Adrian stops at a red light, he nods his head not denying it, but doesn't look at me.

"Why?" I ask and he sighs and starts driving. My nose is still bleeding a little but luckily Adrian had some tissue in his car.

"He showed you he was a wolf didn't he?" He says and my heart races at the fact that he knew and I'm now beginning to think he might be one as well.

"Don't get scared. I'm one too." He says and there's something strange about his tone of voice. Almost as if it hurts him to say that he is a wolf. I don't respond to him, and we stop at another light and he looks over at me.

"Of course you wouldn't be scared of him." He says and I look at him confused and I feel slightly offended.

"Want to know why he chose to show you?" He says and I nod my head slowly.

"Well there's thing amongst our kind a sort of bond we feel towards someone we're meant for. Our mates." He says and I begin listening intently.

Matthew's POV

I cough loudly after being tackled to the ground by Gabriel, it was clear that he wasn't going to take it easy on me at all. It felt like getting run over by a god damn car.

"Jesus fuck." I cough again and try breathing as I roll over to my stomach and slowly stand.

"Never know when you'll be up against someone like me." Gabriel jokes as I take a deep breath.

"You're the only one of your kind!' I exclaim my voice sounding strained and he shrugs.

"Bastard." My brother Michael says a few feet away, he faced Gabriel first and wasn't able to go a second time leaving me to go against him.

"Mark! Your sons can't even take a simple punch!" Gabriel laughs and my dad just shakes his head and smiles.

"Even I couldn't take a punch from you when I was younger and I certainly can't now." My dad says and Gabriel just shrugs and charges towards me again.

"Give a fucking warning!" I yell trying to prepare myself but I only get knocked off my feet again and land on my stomach and groan loudly holding my side.

"If you can't take the pain from one man how do you expect to go against 3 men?" Gabriel asks extending his hand towards me.

"You are not one man. You feel like 50." I say and slowly walk over to my brother's side as Gabriel talks to my father.

"You know. We might be able to get him when he's not looking. He wouldn't see it coming." Michael suggests and I struggle to stand up straight but agree with him.

"Better if we did it as our wolves too. Get some payback at him." I suggest and he nods his head and smirks.

"On three. One...Two...Three!" He whispers just loud enough for the two of us to hear and we begin running and shift in mid air aiming at Gabriel's back only for him to turn around dodging my brother and pushing me away harshly with his arm.

"Shit!" I shift back rolling around in the freezing snow and hear my dad and Gabriel laughing.

"Gotta do better than that boys!" He yells and I sigh and shift back to withstand the cold and my brother walks over to my side growling lowly and shakes off the snow on his dark brown fur.

He'll never let us beat him

My brother says and I agree and we start running back home once our father let's us know that our training is done for the day.