Chapter 47

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jennifer says in a cheerful voice as she bumps her hips into mine. I try my best to smile at her, but I just shake my head instead.

"What's wrong? Don't shut me out." She pouts sticking out her lower lip and I give her a small smile.

"Nothing." I lie.

After Michael left I spent the whole night worrying about what he was thinking or what he was going to do. I texted him the whole day and he didn't respond once. I was overthinking so much I didn't even drive to school today. I was worried that I would be too preoccupied with my thoughts to drive safely.

"Come hang out with me. I'm going to look at more dresses." She says excitedly and I laugh lightly.

"Prom is in two weeks and you still haven't found a dress?" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"You haven't found one either!" She says and now it's my turn to roll my eyes.

"Because I'm not going to prom." I sigh and stop leaning on her car.

"Come on Eileen. You have to!!" She whines and I just sigh.

"It's my choice and I say no. I'm just gonna go home okay?" I say but notice her get this smug look on her face which confuses me.

"Or maybe you won't go home." She says looking behind me. I turn around and see Michael's car pull up and I'm immediately relieved to see him. I turn back to Jennifer and she nods her head understanding and I run over to his car right as he rolls down the window.

"Where have you been?" I demand.

"Just get in Eileen." He says and I cross my arms.

"Not until you tell me where you went last night." I say and he sighs.

"I'll explain when you get in. Please." He says sweetly. I hesitate but eventually cave in and get inside the passenger seat.

I cross my arms once I'm inside still feeling a little hurt from last night, he doesn't say anything as he starts the car and begins to drive away from the school.

"Where did you go last night?" I ask again and glare at him.

"I went for a run." He says, he still looks upset.

"Why didn't you come back?" I ask sadly.

"It was a long run." He sighs and I frown not liking how closed off he's being.

"I don't want you to fight him." I mumble and he sighs deeply.

"I'm still going to." He says and I almost want to get out of the car. He's being so stubborn.

"Do you not care at all about what I think about this?" I raise my voice at him and he scowls.

"I do care. You were there at the trial Eileen. This has to happen." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Not if you just give it up. You have me now. I'm your mate not his. Maybe now you can forgive him for his mistake." I say and gasp as he brakes suddenly right outside my house.

"I'm not going to give it up. I'm not going to forgive him. He doesn't even deserve to be Alpha after what he's down. People will look down at him." He says angrily.

"Then why did you come today. You clearly won't listen to me. I won't stand by and let you try and kill your brother." I say and he sighs and looks at me very sadly.

"Because I can't see you for a while." He says quietly and I scoff.

"Seriously? Because of Matthew??" I yell and he slowly nods his head.

"I don't want you to see the fight. Or even be near me right now when I'm like this. It's for your own good Eileen." He says and tries to grab my hand but I snatch it away.

"Fine. I don't want to be near you anyways." I say rushed and leave the car quickly so he wouldn't see me cry.

"Eileen!" He yells after me but I already run inside my house and lock the door. It hurts to hear his car screech as he drives away, but it hurts even more knowing that he's leaving and that I won't get to see him for awhile.

I sniffle and wipe the tears away in my eyes and take a deep breath. If he wants to go off and get himself hurt then fine.

I dig my phone out of my pocket and dial Jennifer's number and I'm grateful when she picks up.

"Still want to go dress shopping?" I say first and I smile at sound of her excited screaming.

"At least try one on Eileen!!" Jennifer says as she tries on her fourth prom dress.

"I'm here to find your perfect dress. Not mine." I say and check my phone again to see if I got any messages from Michael, but I haven't.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jenny says as she notices how sad I look and I shake my head. I force a smile and stand to help zip up the dress and she sighs disspointed as she looks at herself in it.

"This isn't it." She pouts while feeling the dress against her.

"It's blinding." I joke and squint my eyes as I stare at the bedazzled dress.

"Help me take it off." She groans and I laugh as I unzip it and she runs back into the dressing room to take it off and try on another. I sit down and check my phone again, still nothing. It's only been an hour since he left. I'm still angry with him but I also miss him.

I turn my attention back to Jennifer as she pulls the curtain back but she hasn't tried on another dress instead she is carrying one.

"What are you doing?" I ask and try not to smile at how excited she looks.

"Try this on at least. Please!!" She begs and I roll my eyes.

"Fine. But only this one." I say and take it from her and head inside the dressing room.

I hold the dress out in front of me and already I'm having regrets about trying it on, but I do so anyways.

I take a deep breath before pulling back the curtain and Jennifer smiles bright when she sees me.

"Oh my god. Come here look at yourself!" She beams and I pick up the floor length dress to not let it drag on the floor and walk over to the mirrors.

It was a strapless light pink dress that looked okay when I held it but now that i was wearing it I felt totally different. It had a long skirt that trailed behind me as well as light pink flowers decorating the entire dress. They started as small buds decorating my chest and waist with leaves twisting around them. But as they move closer to the skirt, the flowers bloomed and stuck out beautifully with golden thread entwined within the leaves to make them shine.

"You love it. I can see it in your eyes." Jennifer smiles and I do as well feeling so comfortable with my skin and how beautiful I felt and for the first time I actually had second thoughts on prom. But my smile dissapears when I remember everything with Michael and Matthew. Prom is in two weeks, Matthew will be home by then. It'll never happen.

"I'll never wear it." I say quietly and pick up the skirt to walk back to the dressing room and change out of it quickly. When I come back out of the dressing room Jennifer is frowning but I fake a smile anyways.

"Let's go back to finding yours." I say feeling a deep sadness growing inside me.

Comment what you think :)