Chapter 31

Michael's POV

I pull back away from Eileen slowly and look down at her closed eyes, she's fallen asleep just as I hoped. I carefully get off the bed and pull the sheets over her.

She's had a rough couple hours and I could only imagine I didn't make things better. She stirs in her sleep but just rolls over to her side and I walk across her room and look out the window.

To my disappointment I see that Matthew is out there waiting and smoking. A habit we both sadly picked up when we were 15 that I thought he had given up until I realized he only smoked when he was feeling really low about himself. He looks up and notices me and I can feel him trying to get into my head and talk to me but I block him out. I pull the curtains down and walk away and look at Eileen sleeping.

She was beautiful. Perfect. And he almost ruined it. I'll never forgive him. He already had everything I ever wanted. He was stronger and faster and was next in line to be Alpha and yet he still felt that wasn't enough and tried to steal my mate as well.

Your father will take your side against him.

My wolf stirs and I agree with him.

We'll have to turn her soon.

"No. I want her to love me when I do turn her." I say and watch her closely as she sleeps.

Turning her would make your brother angry. I could tell he thought of her as weak. She'll be just as strong as us.

I take pride in the thought of her being a wolf, especially a strong one. She may not see it but I can already tell we're so much alike especially when it comes to how stubborn we are.

I smile when she sighs softly in her sleep and turns to lay on her stomach and I feel my stomach flip as I catch her sweet scent.

"I'm not turning her soon. Not unless she wants it." I say truly meaning it and sit down in a chair across her room that faces her bed.

I can remember the first time being in here, it's where her scent on her sweater led me to and I never wanted to leave this room. Then she walked in and it was like everything in my life finally came together, I felt whole and when she kissed me I felt like I could take on the world.

Until I realized she thought I was Matthew. My anger got the best of me and I bet now she thinks of me as some hot head. I could make it up to her, take her out to eat or something. She seemed to care a lot about that man from last night but he definitely had feelings toward her that were more than friendly so I don't trust him. However I need to know what he knows about me anyways and I guess I could bring her along with,along with Selene in case he knows too much.

Matthew is starting to give me a headache as he tries harder and harder to enter my head to talk and it's really starting to annoy me but there's no way I'll ever talk to him. At least not now.

We need to be closer to her. Just as you helped her pain, she can help ours.

I bite my nail nervously looking at her for another couple minutes and decide it would be okay if I just laid next to her at least.

I get in the bed again slowly and carefully, not getting under the sheets but just laying down and looking at her bury her face into her pillow looking very pleased and calm, it makes me smile. I hope I was the reason behind it, I've lived my whole life in Matthew's shadow. And now he's made my mate fall in love with him and I have to deal with it, I only hope she'll love me more.

Eileen sleeps for about two more hours as I watch her carefully feeling a little overprotective but I never wanted to keep my eyes off her.

She stretches and slowly blinks her eyes open looking a little groggy until she notices I'm sitting next to her and she sits up immediately tucking her hair back.