Chapter 11

Matthew's POV

"Keep up with your brother Michael!" My dad yells at my brother as we try our past to run through deep snow while also avoiding fallen down trees as well as Isaac ahead of us and slowing down to nip at the back of our heels to make us run faster.

My brother growls annoyed pushing himself harder, he's a only a couple feet behind me but he's trying his absolute best while I'm barely breaking a sweat. I'd forgotten how great it felt to run, to let my wolf free and have him take complete control. Especially since when he was in control he pushed aside all thoughts of Eileen and all my feelings about her.

Come on guys let's finish this up so you can see me kick your dad's ass.

Isaac links to us both, and I start running even faster laughing to myself imagining that image, finally we reach where my dad is standing, Michael coming in last and we shift back putting on the basketball shorts left there for us.

"Better than school?" My dad raises an eyebrow at me and I force a smile and nod my head. I haven't kept my phone on me for the past week, I know if I look at it even once I'll forget all of this and go back to her immediately and beg for her to forgive me.

My brother breaths heavily beside us and I see his breath form small puffs of smoke in the cold air and he has a deep scowl on his face. I get the feeling that before I started training our dad must have been proud of him but now he sees just how better I am.

"We should have them fighting soon. Every Alpha should know how to fight right Mark?" Isaac slaps his back with a wide smile on his face and my dad only rolls his eyes.

"I haven't fought in years, don't get your hopes up thinking you can take me Isaac." He says and Isaac pretends to be hurt but laughs it off. The uplifting mood that surrounds Isaac makes me smile genuinely but it disappears when I hear my brother shift beside me and go back to running.

"Leave him, he'll be doing that for the next couple of hours. Watch over him Isaac I need to talk to Matthew." My dad says and my stomachs twists with nervousness, I can't imagine what he has to say to me in private.

"You've been to every part of this pack right Matthew?" He says and I'm a little surprised at the odd question but I just nod my head answering him.

"Your mother and I were thinking maybe this summer we'd take you and your brother on another trip." He says and I'm waiting for the catch that comes along with this trip.

"To find your mates.." he says and I stop walking.

"Dad I'm 18 for christ's sake!" I say raising my voice and he sighs and just shrugs.

"She thinks it would be a good thing, Alpha's without their mates become more aggressive when they're older. Just do it for your mother. Wouldn't you like to find your mate and not waste your time on..other girls." He says and my mind wanders to Eileen.

"Fine." I agree with him and keep my head down as we keep walking.

"I already have you two kids fighting over this damn Alpha title, at least with a mate you can use some of that aggression-" I stop him immediately feeling grossed out.

"Alright dad I get it!" I say and walk a little faster and all he does is laugh.

"Gabriel." My dad exclaims as Gabriel runs up to us and I give him a friendly smile but he eyes me concerned and then looks at my father.

"We have a problem." Gabriel says and my father immediately puts on a stern face.

"That girl. Eileen. I just saw her leaving the pack with Adrian Bane. She didn't look right and I read her thoughts. She knows about us, about wolves and this pack, Adrian shifted in front of her." He says and my heart stops immediately and I become panicked and filled with rage at the same time. Why the fuck did he bring her here? Why would she go anywhere with him? Why would he show her???