Chapter 38

It felt weird being back here again, nothing's changed physically but deep inside of me I feel nothing will ever be the same again as well.

Dr. Bell writes one more thing in his notebook before looking up at me and smiling.

"It's good to have you back Eileen. I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to work. I trust that you've been well in my absence?" He asks slightly leaning forward looking interested. But all I see is him looking so frantic and concerned when I called him that night and the look in his eyes...right before he kissed me.

"Yeah...I've been fine." I clear my throat and shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"I've made more friends. I've found someone new." I say watching his every expression but all he does is smile and nod his head urging me to keep talking.

"I'm glad you're okay." I blurt out feeling nervous and he chuckles standing up straighter.

"Thank you. Who's this new someone you're seeing? Are they nice?" He asks and I feel my throat getting dry.

"He is. His name is Michael." I say and he nods his head listening intently and I figured now's a time for me to get some concerns off my chest.

"But lately..there's some thing I've been worried about between us. Something that I have to do otherwise things won't work between us. He hasn't been pressuring me about it or anything. But...I'm still scared." I bite my thumb nervously and wait for Dr.Bell to say something.

"Well whatever it is. There's no need to rush into until you're absolutely sure he's the one you're ready to do it with." He says and I feel my chest tighten. Oh god. He thinks I was talking about sex. I open my mouth immediately but he keeps talking and I blush immediately.

"I'm not sure if you want to talk about this type of thing with your parents but I'm open to it as well. "

God no. Not the sex talk.

"Dr. Bell. No. It's not sex. It's not anything sexual." I laugh nervously and he nods his head looking a little too relieved.

"Good then." He chuckles nervously and I feel my face heat up.

"Let's just move on then. Tell me about your friends" he smiles and I'm glad for the change of subject.

My session with Dr. Bell ends quick and it's the first time I'm actually glad it's over. I felt horrible looking at him knowing he was hurt because of me and couldn't even remember it. But I guess I have to get used to it.

When I pull up to my driveway I smile when I see the lights on in the living room. I think it was my dad's night to be home. I smile thinking about talking to him for the first time in a week. I run inside excited and hang up my jacket by the door but freeze when I hear my mother's voice along with my dad's.

I slowly walk into the kitchen and see them smiling as they chop vegetables and then they notice me come into the room.

"Hey kiddo. How was Dr. Bell?" My dad asks and my mom smiles at me warmly. Michael is going to be here soon. He'll know they're home..he's gonna tell them.

"Fine...I..I've got homework." I stutter and turn around immediately walking away.

"But we're making dinner!" My calls after me.

"I'm not hungry." I yell back running upstairs.

I hold back a scream when I run into my room and feel soneone wrap their arms around my waist, but by the way he smells I can already tell it's Michael.

"Stop it. You almost made me scream." I whisper but he doesn't listen and takes a deep breath while hiding his face in my hair.

"Michael." I whisper again and break out of his arms and turn around to see he wasn't even wearing a shirt.

"Where is your shirt???" I try to keep my voice down but he just smiles and shrugs as I groan annoyed walking over to my drawers.

"Why are you whispering?" He asks and I don't respond as I keep digging through my drawers for something for him to wear.

"Are yoy afraid your parents are going to see me like this?" He says and I stop looking and feel him walk up behind me.

"I'm not going to tell them if you're not ready for it Eileen." He says and I turn around and look at him.

"I know that...I don't want to talk about this anymore. Where's your shirt?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"I ran as my wolf here to see you. I didnt have time to grab a shirt. I think we should talk about this." He says and I just shake my head and try to go into the bathroom to avoid him but he just stops the door.

"Eileen. We have to talk about this." He says and I just scoff and start rearranging things randomly on my counter.

"We have talked about it. There's nothing else to say about it." My voice shakes nervously and he leans against the door way and crosses his arms.

"Let me out." I say standing in front of him and shakes his head.

"Michael." I say sternly.

"Eileen." He copies my tone and we glare at each other for a couple seconds before he says something.

"Does the thought of becoming a wolf scare you?" He asks and I look down and shrug.

"Look at me. It's okay to be honest." He says and I take a deep breath and look up.

"I can't. I can't just change my entire life just like that. And I know you've told me it's your way and that it's supposed to happen but why so fast?? I'm barely holding myself together now as a human. I can't be a wolf." I sigh feeling my heart race and he rubs my shoulders soothingly as I feel tears burning in my eyes.

"It's okay. I'm sorry." He brings me closer to his chest I feel so pathetic crying like this.

"You can take as much time as you need. When winter break comes we'll basically have a month of time to spend together. You'll meet more of my family and my friends it'll be great I promise. My parents will understand. Things don't have to be like the old ways." He says and starts rubbing small circles into my back and I close my eyes enjoying it.

"I'm sorry I'm such a mess." I sniffle and he just kisses the top of my head.

"You're my mess." He says making me feel better.

Sorry for the filler chapter guys and how short they are I just hope you're still enjoying the story and continue to vote and comment what you think next couple chapters will get interesting :)