Chapter 32

Eileen's POV

I hear him following behind me in the hospital hallway but it only encourages me to walk even faster, I can't stand being alone with him. I can't stand him. He's arrogant and selfish and just...

"Eileen please." His voice sounds so sincere but I just push the button for the elevator even faster, it didn't matter since when the doors finally opened he was right next to me.

"It hurts me when you say stuff like that." He mutters once we're inside but I don't respond. Why does he continue to try and make this normal? I'm already hurt enough over his brother being nothing like I thought he was and then he comes along making everything worse.

"Well?" He says and again I keep my mouth shut and he huffs angrily.

The woman at the front desk looks at us strangely but keeps her eyes down when I look at her and I'm glad to be out of the building but I'm still upset.

I notice his car in the parking lot but I walk past it anyways, there's no way I'm spending another second with him.

"Eileen! Eileen stop!" He yells and that's when I start to run. I gasp when he's managed to run ahead of me anyways and stops me by grabbing my shoulders.

"How did you do that?" I gasp and try to shake his arms off but he won't let go.

"Just stop. Please. Stop running away from me. Stop resisting. You have no idea how much it hurts please!" He says and I stop struggling when I notice his eyes watering.

"Just come back to the car." He says letting go of my shoulders and grabbing my hand, I stay quiet and just follow after him, he opens the door for me and I wait for him to get into the driver's seat. He does so but doesn't turn on the car and I start feeling a little uncomfortable but also guilty with what he said.

"I did care that you wanted to see that he was okay. But you should also understand my pack's safety comes first and the world isn't ready to know about wolves yet." He says and I just nod my head slowly.

"Do you still care about my brother?" He asks and I just shrug.

"I don't want you to hurt him." I mumble and he looks down at his lap.

"Did you ever think that maybe he already hurt me? You weren't his mate and he knew that. He was selfish and just wanted you for himself knowing that he had his own mate he would leave you for." He says and I start feeling a little hurt and shake my head not wanting to believe him.

"Why do you hate me?" He says and I look over at him as he stares at me with such sorrow in his eyes.

"I don't know you. I don't know anything about you other than the fact that you're cruel and stubborn." I say honestly and he sighs and sits back into the drivers seat and grips the steering wheel tight.

"You still feel something towards me. More than just hate. Do you see my brother in me? Is that why you don't completley hate me?" He says and looks scared  of what the answer may be and I just shake my head and he smiles slightly and looks down into his lap.

"Do you like me then?" He says and I shrug.

"I'm just...confused and hurt by all of this. You don't know what I've been through okay? With your brother's lying and then finding out about wolves and that I'm not his mate but yours. I'm just tired." I say looking away from him and lean back into my seat.

"I'm sorry if I'm not your perfect mate." I add one more thing and cross my arms across my stomach waiting for him to say something.

"You are perfect to me. I don't know what you know already about mates but I would die for you, Eileen and I don't even know your last name yet." He smiles and I look over at him and listen intently.

"I'm not going to lose you. My brother fucked up doing what he did and he'll get what he deserves. But right now I want to focus on making you happy. Not having you hate me and be afraid of me. Okay?" He says and I nod my head.

"Now for the last time. Are you hungry?" He lowers his head and widens his eyes while smiling wide at me which makes me smile too and I slowly nod my head. I guess he could actually be sweet sometimes.

After eating we pull up to my house and I notice my car there just as Michael said it would be. I look into my empty house and then back at Michael who is also looking at my house.

"Where are your parents?" He asks concerned.

"They work a lot, I usually see them a couple times a week." I say and he nods understanding and then looks back at me.

"How is this going to work?" I ask referring to us and how he said earlier that he won't leave me alone.

"You're neck is going to start hurting soon. I'll sleep on the floor. I'll sleep out here if you want just to make you feel safe." He says and I just smile and shake my head.

"Come on wolf." I sigh opening the car door already feeling incredibly tired and more comfortable with Michael around but still a little wary at his personality and kind of upset about what happened with Dr.Bell.

I change my clothes in the bathroom still not feeling entirely comfortable with Michael around and when I come back out I see him staring angrily out of the window.

"What's wrong?" I try to look out the window but he just closes the curtain and walks away back to my bed.

"Earlier you said that Matthew was banished....why?" I ask and watch him take off his jacket and shoes and slowly sit down on my carpet next to my bed.

"He knew you were my mate and didn't tell me. In the eyes of my father and my pack it looks as if he was only doing it to ensure he was next in line to be Alpha." He says and sits on my bed  and i get this sick feeling in my stomach, I want to feel sorry for him but I still feel betrayed.

"So what's going to happen to him?" I ask and notice Michael chew on his thumbnail nervously before shrugging.

"He'll go on trial this weekend. It's up to my father on what will happen to him.." he sighs closing his eyes and lays back with his arms under his head.

"Do you care what will happen to him?" I ask and he doesn't answer me except to turn on his side to face away from me.

"Goodnight." I sigh turning off my lamp and lie down while bringing my blankets over my body.

My room was quiet, as it always was but for some reason I couldn't stand it. I felt hot with my blankets on but cold with them off. I tossed and turned and looked down at the ground to see Michael had not moved at all. I tried laying on my back and just stared at the ceiling, out of curiousity I reached my hand towards the mark on my neck and winced moving my hand back down immediately. I looked back down at Michael, I felt guilty looking at him down there. I'm his mate. He only wants to be with me..

"Michael.." I whisper and he turns his head over, I guess he wasn't sleeping either.

He stares at me looking just as restless as I felt. I scoot over in my bed and he understands immediately by getting up and getting into bed with me.

"This doesn't mean I like you." I mumble quielty feeling tired all of a sudden with him closer to me.

"It means you're starting to." He says and even in the dark I can tell he's smirking.

I don't talk anymore, I watch him close his eyes and I slowly do the same feeling calm, and when I feel him reach out to hold me I didn't stop him. I sighed content feeling my cheek against his warm chest and fell asleep having the best nights sleep in awhile.

Comment what you think :)