Chapter 27

Matthew's POV
*hours earlier*

It's 7 in the morning. She should be up by now. I should at least send her a text. Let her know that I remembered.

She won't reply back. She hates us.

My wolf reminds me and I roll my eyes and just stare at my phone. What if she's waiting for a text from me? Even if she doesn't reply I should still send her one. But I want her to reply, maybe she'd ask me to come over.

Don't get your hopes up.

I groan and just stare at the ceiling until I hear my mom call for me.

"Matthew!! Get up!!" I groan and jump out of bed yelling my reply and head into the bathroom.

I wonder what Eileen will be doing today. I don't think her parents will be home. What if she wants me to come over but doesn't want to admit it??

She could be throwing herself a party to get drunk.

"Shut up she's not like that." I scold my wolf who doesn't reply.

After I finish getting ready I head downstairs to see my mother waiting for me with Aunt Rebecca and Andrea who smiles when she sees me.

"Rebecca and I have to run some business around the pack could you watch Andrea and Jacob? Michael is out again." My mother asks and I nod my head and pick Andrea who wraps her arms around my neck immediately.

"Would it be alright if I took them to training? I can't skip a day." I say and Rebecca nods.

"Just be sure she's dressed warm. Her wolf still hasn't come yet." Rebecca says pinching her cheeks making her laugh and I nod my head and notice that Jacob has his headphones on while sitting on the couch.

"Be good. Bye sweetheart." Rebecca says to her daughter and tries kissing Jacob goodbye but he moves away.

"Did you guys eat already?" I ask Andrea and Jacob perks up immediately shaking his head.

"Yes we did liar daddy made us pancakes!" Andrea yells at him and he just rolls his eyes.

I sigh and decided to kill time anyways be feeding Jacob again who seemed insatiable.

We were walking outside now and I had Andrea on my shoulders while we were going to meet Gabriel for my training.

"Is it true your brother found his mate?" Jacob asks and I scoff.

"He found a scarf that's it." I say and Andrea giggles.

"Mommy says he did and that he's gonna bite her and she'll be like us." She says and it hurts me to think of Eileen going through that with my unsupportive brother at her side.

"If you bit me can I be a wolf?" She says and I laugh while Jacob rolls his eyes.

"You already are a wolf dummy." He says and I give him a dirty look.

"You're not a dummy Andrea. But you are a wolf." I say and she mumbles something I don't understand.

"I never want to find my mate. What if she's human? Or a vampire like Isaac's mate." Jacob says and kicks up some snow in the air.

"You won't care once you find her." I joke raising my eyebrows at him and he just groans and walks further ahead.

"Are you going to find your mate Matthew?" Andrea asks and I just sigh.

"Maybe." I set her down when I notice Gabriel in the distance talking to his daughter. I look closer at Selene and notice her carrying....a sweater? She notices me immediately and dissapears in a cloud of smoke making Andrea amazed by it.

"Kids?" Gabriel questions looking between Andrea and Jacob who give him the same look.

"I'm babysitting. They won't bother you relax." I say and he sighs and points them over to a fallen tree where they can sit.

For the next couple hours Gabriel beats the crap out of me, normally there'd be other men to spare with me but with my brother in the hunt for Eileen my dad has ordered them all to be on the lookout for her.

I'm laying in my back on the snow watching the sun get darker not wanting to get up and fight Gabriel again when I hear Andrea call for me.

"Matthew I'm cold!" She calls out and I sit up on my elbows and look over to see her shivering.

"Go on then we can end early." Gabriel says and I smile and jump up immediately making Andrea get excited.

"Race you Jacob?" I ask getting him all riled up.

"Close your eyes Andy." I say to Andrea using my favorite nickname for her and she giggles and covers her eyes immediately.

Jacob and I take off our clothes immediately so I shift into my larger black wolf and he shifts into his smaller wolf with patches of gray and brown fur. Our clothes are tied around our ankles and I nuzzle Andrea letting her know it's okay to open her eyes and she climbs onto my wolf immediately and holds on tight as we begin to run makimg her laugh like crazy the whole time. I of course outrun Jacob who doesn't let the loss get to him and Andrea runs inside to her mother while we get our clothes on.

We go inside slightly shoving each other around but when I stop when I enter the living room and notice my dad talking to Jeremy while my mother and Rebecca sit on the couch quietly.

"Where's Michael?" I ask feeling a little nervous and my dad looks over at me.

"Tracking his mate down. " he says and I look at my mom with wide eyes.

"How? That scarf was all he had." I try to laugh it off but my dad shakes his head.

"Apparently he found something else, down by the same area where he found the scarf." My dad says and I run outside through the back immediately.

"Matthew!" My mom yells out for me but I ignore her.

I don't shift, I'm too distracted with my mind racing. It had to be Selene. That sweater, that fucking sweater. It's her favorite she loves wearing it god dammit. My legs are beginning to burn and it's starting to hurt to breath in this cold air but I don't want to stop. I finally reach the field where the scarf was found and there it is, her sweater with my brother's scent slightly on it.

"No...no." I whisper not wanting to believe it, I look up when I hear a twig snap and almost don't believe my eyes.

"Adrian??? What the fuck you shouldn't be in the pack!" I yell at him but he doesn't react except to look at the sweater.

"Actually I might be welcomed back now." He says and I look down at the sweater and hold it tight feeling angry as I understand.

"You did this...you lead him right to her to get back in the pack!? You fuck!!" I start charging towards him when Selene appears between us.

"You helped him...why?!..you said you wanted to help me!" I yell at her and she glares at me.

"This is helping you!!! You would have been a great Alpha. If you had waited any longer you would have been killed." She says and I growl loud feeling my canines extend in my mouth.

"You made her break up with me that night. And you fucking knew it!" I yell back at Adrian who refuses to look at me.

"Without my pack I'm nothing." Is his only argument and I stare at them both in disbelief.

"It shouldn't have been like this...she doesn't even know. She thinks I'm her mate!!" I yell and they don't even care and I look down at the sweater.

"He hasn't found her yet. I can still save her!!" I yell and start running back.

"You'll only find pain Matthew!!!" Selene yells but I ignore her, there's no way. He couldn't have found her so soon. I can still fix this.

Comment what you think and just a reminder that the gif included is what Matthew looks like :)