Chapter 12

Matthew's POV

"Will she be okay?" I ask and look down at Eileen as I hold her head in my lap.

"She's fine. I can wake her up whenever I want but we need her sedated for now." Selene says and looks over at Gabriel who's had a scowl on his face for the past hour.

"Adrian is now being held. They'll stand trial before your father once we get there." Gabriel says and my eyes widen.

"Trial? She's not a criminal she didn't do anything!" I yell and Selene looks back at me with a disapproving look.

"You heard what she said Matthew. She would have exposed us all, your father needs to know." Gabriel says and I place my hand on her cheek gently.

Your brother will be there, the moment he sees her he'll know.

My wolf adds on to my panic by saying that and I'm now praying that now is the time my brother actually decides to listen to our father and stayed inside, god knows what will happen if he claims her as his mate.

"She doesn't have to stand trial for anything. You can just erase her memory now and take her home!" I raise my voice again and Gabriel growls and holds the steering wheel even tighter.

"You need to stop letting your emotions for her run your mouth Matthew. If your father heard you talking like this....you wouldn't be the next Alpha that's for sure." He says and I keep quiet for the rest of the ride back and focus on the features of Eileen's face, she was so beautiful. If only she was my mate.

Gabriel finally pulls up to the pack house and I growl when he opens the back door and tries to pick her up.

"Your father won't like to see that you're here." He says and I step out carrying Eileen.

"He can deal with it." I huff and I follow behind Selene as she opens the door for me.

When I walk in all eyes are on me and I see Adrian on his knees in front of my father with two of my father's best fighters standing on either side of him. Standing a couple of feet away from Adrian are his brothers and his mother who looks like she's been crying all day but still glares at me.

My father doesn't look too happy either when I walk up holding Eileen and Selene bows her head as she looks at him before Gabriel finally stands next to us.

"We're all here now." He says and looks down at Adrian and for the first time since I've met him he actually looks scared which makes me glad since if I wasn't holding Eileen I would have ripped him apart for causing all this.

"Adrian. Did you or did you not shift in front of this human and tell her about the existence of our kind?" My father asks him and there's a small moment of silence before Adrian answers.

"I did." He says and his mother scoffs.

"Lies! You are persecuting my son because of who his father is! You've become paranoid and only want to destroy my entire family!!" She screams and my father growls loudly enough to echo across the entire room and she shuts up immediately.

"If you speak one more time like that then you will share the same punishment as your son." He warns and she keeps her head down and her son rubs her arm soothingly.

"Now. Adrian you have broken one of the most sacred laws among us that would only be excused if she was your mate. Now answer honestly because if you don't not only will you be punished but she'll die as well." He says and I hold her tighter against me protectively.

"No. She's not my mate." Adrian says and looks over at me.

"Very well. As punishment for betraying your pack and your kind. You are banished and will live out the rest of your life as rogue, with no title or your family name stripped from you." My dad says and I hear Adrian's mother sob and collapse to her knees while Adrian just keeps his head up with a pained look in his eyes.