Chapter 18

"Wake up." I hear Eileen whisper in my ear and when I open my eyes she's there smiling above me already dressed and looking so beautiful. However her make up...made her look dead?

"What's with the makeup?" I chuckle and look at the dark circles around her eyes and her skin looks pale and she has some dark lipstick on.

"It's Halloween I like to dress up a little." She smiles and so do I admiring my ghoulish girlfriend.

"Are you leaving again today?" She asks and I watch her smile dissappear. I nod my head and sit up.

"I'll stay the whole weekend. We can do whatever you want." I say and she smiles wide.

"Can I meet your parents?" She asks raising an eyebrow and I already know I have to say no but I don't want to hurt her feelings.

"Yes..but not yet okay?" I ask and she fakes a pout by sticking her lower lip out more.

"You're not ashamed of me are you?" She asks lowering her eyes making her look like a sad puppy which I know she's doing on purpose.

"It's just not the right time okay? Get that butt to school." I smile and so does she and when she gets up I give her a playful smack in her butt and she only rolls eyes but continues smiling when she leaves the room. I wait until I hear her mother's car drive away to jump out of her bed and run down to the basement to find Adrian there sleeping peacefully.

"Fucking asshole." I push him off the couch amd he immediately wakes up as soom as he hits the floor and looks around confused.

"What the fuck man?" He stands up holding his just in pain, I guess his scar is still healing.

"Why did you tell Eileen she was my mate?" I yell at him and he looks at me like I'm the craziest person alive.

"Isn't she?? I thought that's why you showed her your wolf! I figured you only left her cause she was human!" He yells and I clench my fists tight, he was the first person to get the thoughts into my head that she was Michael's mate.

"Wait..you really think she could be your brother's mate? That's why you're all pissed??" He yells and I restrain myself from punching his smug face.

"You've just made everything way harder than it needs to be. The truth is going to come out eventually you dumb fuck!" I scream at him but he just stares at me blankly.

"You're one to talk. At least I'm not messing around with my brother's mate." He says and I growl very loudly and he lowers his head to me immediately.

"Stay the fuck out of our relationship. You don't know anything." I say and return upstairs to change and go back home. I shouldn't have come back, I've only made things worse..but I can't live without her.

Eileen's POV

I was glad to not embarrass myself as the only one who decided to show up as something for Halloween, in fact many people actually complimented my make up as I walked to class. Until I reached first period and found Ashley there waiting for me to walk in and stare me down as I walked to my seat. She would take advantage of the holiday to dress like some slutty Angel despite it being nearly 20 degrees outside.

"What happened yesterday isn't over." She whispers at me right as class begins but I don't respond to her. In fact I do my best to avoid her for the rest of the day including her friends by staying in the library when I was supposed to be in gym. And even though my headphones were in, no song I listened to could drown out the laughter coming from the group of jocks sitting at the couches next to me.

I sigh loudly being fed up with it and get up and decided roaming the halls for five minutes before next period started was better than being here. However as I get up I hear their very loud whispers.