Chapter 34

Eileen's POV

"Are you sure you're okay? I mean you left so fast and I know that asshole Alex was there." Jenny asks me again for the millionth time and I smile and nod my head as we walk down the hall slowly to our next class.

"I swear I had a great time. I was just on too many things and freaked out." I lie and adjust the scarf on my neck and try my best to hide the pain I felt as it rubbed against my neck and the mark left behind by Michael. Even with my hair down it could be seen and I was worried that it would never go away, it felt like whenever it hurt it felt more noticeable and it was hurting a lot right now.

"You know they've got the heaters on right? You don't need that scarf." She jokes and I just smile and shrug.

"Does somebody have a hickey they're trying to hide??" She gasps and tries to pull the scarf away but I stop her.

"No don't." I say grabbing her hand and she just narrows her eyes at me with a smug smile on her face.

"If you lost your virginity to Matthew and didn't tell me I'll never forgive you." She fake glares at me and I just roll my eyes.

"Don't mention Matthew. Ever." I say and she understands immediately and we sit ourselves down in class and she starts talking about what happened at the party.

I tried my best to listen, I really did but the pain in my neck was becoming unbearable, in fact my entire body was heating up and I felt this unbelievable amount of rage flow through me for no reason at all. I somehow made it through class miraculously only to run out of there as quick as possible excusing myself from Jennifer and running to the girls bathroom to take off my scarf and splash cold water on my face.

"What's happening to me?" I sigh taking more deep breaths and I stare at the now red mark on my neck. I don't even try to touch since I already know what pain to expect. I hear the bathroom door open and I scramble to put my scarf on quick before I look up into the mirror and see Ashley staring at me with a smirk on her face.

"Get out of my way" I mumble and try to walk past her when she grabs my arm roughly and twists it to look at my scar making me gasp in pain.

"I'm surprised he wasn't disgusted by these when he first saw you." She grimaces at me and I look at her confused.

"You think he'll love you like he ever loved me. First Matthew now Alex." She says and I see tears forming in her eyes.

"He did it to me first. What the fuck makes you so special what did he do to you??" She yells and I gasp when she pulls down the scarf and reveals the mark. Her eyes widen and she lets go of me immediately and I pull the scarf back up and run away from the bathroom. She saw it. She fucking saw it. What does she think she is? Is she going to tell someone?? She wouldn't. She doesn't even know what happened to me. She just assumes like always.

I manage to make it till the end of the day gritting my teeth and trying my best to make it through the pain. Walking outside and into the cold hair felt great and I was starting to feel a little better until I stiffen immediately when I see Michael leaning against my car, he notices me immediately and smiles wide which makes my face heat up.

I quickly walk over to him while also looking around at anybody who could notice him as well.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I say in a hushed voice and he just chuckles.

"I went here too you know? I just didn't come back. Why are you so worked up?" He says looking at me curiously.

"People might...see you." I mumble and he narrows his eyes at me.