Chapter 3

We texted for hours, I was actually glad that we didn't have homework the first day, I wouldn't want anything in the world to distract me. As foolish as it may seem I was developing a crush on Matthew and maybe he feels the same way.

M: He's a distant uncle. That's why he looks so young.

E: Exactly how distant? He looks like a guy my mom would have an affair with. Lol.

M: So...you think he's attractive?

E: Not my type.

M: You have a type?

E: Doesn't everybody? I'm sure you're into the typical perfect blonde high school girl.

I bite my lip waiting for a reply, what if he really was into those type of girls? What if I'm just wasting my time here? My phone dings with his reply and I open it immediately.

M:  Describing yourself? Haha. Nope, haven't got a type actually. Well I'm not really allowed to date either.

E: Why not?

M: Family reasons I guess. I don't see the point in dating girls in high school when I know it won't last.

My heart drops. Well so much for him returning my feelings. Maybe he just likes me as a friend then? I guess I'm not the type of girl to date..I blink a few times as my head spins, my meds are kicking in I should probably tell him goodnight before he thinks I'm ignoring him.

E: Seems reasonable. High school relationships never last. Not to be rude but I'm ready to pass out here haha. I'll see you tomorrow? Night..

I close my eyes already feeling groggy when my phone lights up and I open it to see his message.

M: Night cutie ;)

Wait...what? He's seriously messing with my head. My phone dings again.

M: My brother took my phone. Sorry. Sleep tight :)

Oh..well nevermind then. I sigh and put my phone to charge and turn over in bed and let my meds take over to put me in a dream less sleep.

When I wake up I never felt so down, looks like its gonna be one of those days again. It hurts to get up, to get dressed and to even hear my mother's screeching voice yell upstairs. I take my meds with a glass of milk and stay quiet as I get into her car, for once I really hope she doesn't want to talk to me but I see that she isn't on her phone which means she probably will.

She parks in front of the school but before I open the door she stops me.

"Hold on Eileen I want to talk for a bit." She says and I let go of the door handle.

"How are you adjusting?" She asks and I shrug and pick at my finger nails.

"Have you made any friends?" She says and I nod my head.

"Just one." I say quietly and she nods her head.

"A real one?" She asks and I snap my head at her and glare.

"I'm sorry I was only concerned." She says and I shake my head.

"Well stop. I'm not crazy. I just..you said we would never talk about that anymore.." My chest hurts and she nods her head.

"I know honey. I've found a new therapist for you. You've got an appointment after school. Here's the address can you make it on the bus? I've got a work thing." She says and I nod my head taking the piece of paper from her hand.