Chapter 49

When I wake up the next morning, Michael is still sound asleep next to me. I rub my eyes feeling a little groggy and sore and try standing. It was a little harder to get up than usual, it felt like my legs had just gone through some intense work out. I leave the blanket on Michael and hurriedly go to my bookbag to get the clothes I packed. As I'm getting dressed I notice a purple mark on the wrist of my left hand. As well as some small scratches on the back of my right hand. I wonder what other marks he left on my body as well. It doesn't bother me much, but I pull my sleeves up anyways to not let him see them and make him feel bad.

I put on my pullover and look back to see Michael still dead asleep and I smile at how peaceful he looks. I quietly push open the barn doors and decide to just wait outside a little and get some fresh hair. After I walked a little bit away from the barn I find a soft a place to sit down.

I bring my knees up to my chest and sigh feeling a whole mixture of emotions. I was no longer a virgin, I had sex with Michael and felt closer to him now more than ever. But today, I could actually lose him. He'll die or he'll kill his brother and I couldn't live with either outcome. I just wish things didn't have to be this way.

"I see you're still not a wolf. I'd figure he would have turned you by now." I jump at the sound of that voice and stand immediately.

There just a few feet in front of me was Matthew smirking like always with his hands dug into his pockets and looking completley calm. It was like seeing a ghost, my heart practically froze and all this guilt and sadness came rushing towards me. But at the same time I never felt so relieved to see that he was okay. His hair had grown past his ears and slightly curled at the ends and he had a small beard growing now, he looked so much older.

"Matthew..." I say quietly and he chuckles slightly and looks down at his feet nervously before looking back at me. I feel my eyes watering and his smile dissappears.

"Eileen. I'm sorry for everything I did. For lying to you and hurting you. I would take it back if I could." He says seriously and I sniffle and wipe at my eyes with my sleeves.

"I'm sorry for what I said when you left, you didn't deserve that." I say and he gives me a small smile.

"I'm glad you found your mate. What's she like?" I ask and his smile grows bright immediately and he gets so bashful all of sudden which makes me smile.

"She's not at all what I expected. Which is what I love the most. Her name is Dalia, she was tracker in a pack from Colorado. It's funny, she's actually a little older than me. But I was lucky to have found her." He says and I'm happy to know he's found his mate and I only hoped she didn't have any negative feelings towards me if he told her about everything.

"You might see her today...if you come." He says and I feel my smile dissapear.

"I'll be there. You should probably go, Michael is asleep in that barn up there." I say and walk past him a little when he looks at me confused.

"You both slept in that barn?" He asks and I feel myself blush and he gets that smirk on his face again.

"Right. Bye Eileen." He smiles at me again as I walk back to the barn. I close the barn door quietly and I smile as I see Michael was still asleep.

I kneel at his side and run my finger down his chest gently and outline each of his muscles. I smile when I notice him groan slightly and blink a couple times before finally looking at me and smiling.

"Good morning." He says hoarsly and still sounding very tired.

"Good morning sleepy head." I say and watch him sit up to kiss my forehead before putting his clothes back on but I stay on the floor.