Chapter 33

Michael's POV

As usual I wake up at the same time I always do, but this time is different. When I open my eyes I don't feel like closing them again and wanting to go back to sleep. Instead I stare down at Eileen still asleep with her head laying on my chest and her arm across my stomach. I tuck a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear and she stirs for a second but just nuzzles her face into my chest and doesn't move again.

My chest tightens as I look down at her and I feel myself getting warmer and warmer.

So..this is what it's like...having your mate in your arms.

My wolf sighs feeling just as happy as I do until he decides to ruin the moment.

Your father expects us home soon. It's been a day. He's already decided what will happen to Matthew.

I stop myself from growling when I hear his name, I never thought in my life I'd imagine hurting my brother out of anger but now I'd like to see him lose everything and die under my hand.

I place a soft kiss on top of Eileen's head and slowly pull myself away from her, except when I'm putting on my shoes I feel her wake up anyways.

"Where are you going?" Her sleepy voice puts a smile on my face and she rubs her eyes slowly.

"Home. I'll be back later." I say and pick my jacket off the floor, she's warmed up to me a little. I can feel deep within her that she doesn't want me to go but her stubbornness won't allow her to admit it.

"Okay." She says and watches me closely looking dissapointed.

I want to kiss her goodbye, hell I want to get back in that bed and never leave but she still needs time to forgive me. To adjust to this and get more comfortable. I need to be better than Matthew ever was to her.

"Be safe." Are the only words I could mutter out before leaving her room and heading downstairs and I feel like a complete idiot afterwards. Be safe?? I could have said have a good day. I'll see you later. Anything would have been better than that.

Matthew's location is still unknown, telling her to be safe might have been the best thing.

My wolf tries to calm my nerves and I just take a deep breath and get in my car and start driving.

He's still trying to talk to us.

My wolf reminds me of the neverending headache that is my brother trying to make things right. I keep him out of my head and grip the steering wheel tight, if he knows better he'll stay away from Eileen today or else.

After a long drive I pull up to the pack house to see Selene and Gabriel waiting for me.

"You haven't mated with her yet?" Selene asks tilting her head and looking at me dissapointed.

"What?..N-no why would i??" I say feeling flustered she just sighs and heads inside and I look at Gabriel for an explanation.

"She's very attached to your new relationship. She doesn't understand how mates work." He just shrugs and I just sigh and walk inside following behind Gabriel. When I was younger I always found Selene to be an interesting person. She would show my brother and I different magic tricks whenever she visited. But over the years when I found out she could not age, I became cautious of her abilities and didn't trust her. At least until recently when she teamed up with Adrian to help me find Eileen although I still don't know what she has to gain from helping me.

We head to the top floor of the pack house where my father is waiting there along with Isaac, Selene and Jeremy, all of them sitting as Adrian stands before them. All eyes fall on Gabriel and I when we enter and I take my seat next to my father while Gabriel stands behind us slightly leaning against his daughter's chair.

Adrian shuffles nervously in fronts of us but keeps his chin high and takes deep breaths, it's quite entertaining to see him like this considering that ever since we were kids he always told me he'd never cower before my family, yet here he is.

"Well, things have certainly taken a turn in less than two days." Isaac says trying to lighten the mood but he only worsens the tension in the room.

"We've given you a day to think it over Michael. Will you let him stay?" My uncle Jeremy says and both him and my father stare at me as Adrian and I stare each other down.

"He can stay." I announce and I notice Adrian's shoulders visibly relax with relief and he closes his eyes for a moment before nodding his head at my father and I.

"Then that's that. You're forgiven of your past crime for now." My father says and Adrian nods his head before practically running out of the room.

"Now that that's out of the way.." my dad looks over at me raising an eyebrow at me.

"How's your mate?" He asks with a small smile and I stand up straighter and start thinking about Eileen which puts a smile on my face.

"She's perfect." I say and my dad nods his head and looks between Isaac and Jeremy before sighing.

"We still need to talk about Matthew.." he says and I scoff and try to stand up but Gabriel puts his hand on my shoulder and forces me back into my seat.

"I can't just banish him from the pack forever as you want, Michael. It wouldn't look good in front of the pack." My father says and I just glare at him.

"He hid my mate from me. He tried to take her. She was that girl you warned him to stay away from him and he disobeyed you and lied to all of us. I think the punishment fits the fucking crime." I yell and my dad growls at me cursing but I don't care.

"I can't just banish my son." He growls and I lean back in my chair feeling resentful.

"I'm your son too." I say and he sighs rubbing his eyes with one hand before looking back at me.

"Your uncles and I have devised a punishment for him when his trial comes this saturday. Until then his temporary banishment from the pack still stands. Gabriel will find him and let him know." My father says sternly and I just clench my jaw.

"What about mom?" The words barely left my mouth before I felt a strong hand slap me across my face forcing my head to look the other way and I hold my cheek in shock and look back to glare at my dad who's shoulders are heaving with anger and his eyes slowly turning black.

"Leave your mother out of this. She did nothing wrong." He spits at me.

"She knew about them. She didn't say anything! She-" I stop talking when my father stands and so does everyone else in the room, even Gabriel stands in between my father and I.

"Leave your mother out of this." My dad says through gritted teeth and I lower my head and nod and the tension in the room slowly decreases.

I want to say more but I shouldn't test my father's temper as it is. But I feel just as angry at him and even more betrayed by my own mother. When I came home with Eileen, she wept and asked where Matthew was. She couldn't care less that I had found my mate. But I guess I should have expected that, Matthew takes after our mom, I'm more like dad. It would make sense that she cares more about him than me.

"Go. Matthew's trial will be 6, don't forget." My dad says and sits down while I get up and leave the room in a hurry but I still feel Gabriel following behind me.

I stop and turn around to look at Gabriel who of course stops as well.

"When you find my brother tell him he's dead to me." I say meaning every word and Gabriel just keeps a blank expression and I just walk away. I can only hope his punishment will fit his crime.

Comment what you think :)