Chapter 5

I walk downstairs and already see Andrea clinging to her mother's leg and she picks her up immediately smiling at her. My mom stands behind them and smiles at the exchange and nods her head at me when she sees me.

"Where's your brother sweetheart? Your father is expecting you two soon." She says placing her keys in a bowl by the door way.

"He's not going." Michael says calmly walking downstairs but glares as he passes by me and kisses our mom on the cheek before leaving. She looks at me concerned.

"What's wrong? Why don't you want to go?" She asks placing her hands on her hips.

"I just...I don't know. Can I talk to you in private?" I ask and she nods her head immediately. Rebecca sits down with her kids and starts fussing with Jacob about his hair who tries to fight off her prying hands. My mother and I head up to my father's office and I take a deep breath when we go inside, how do I explain this?

"Is this about the human Gabriel talked to?" She says sitting at my father's desk and my eyes widen and I feel slightly angry with Gabriel.

"Is she your mate?" She asks and I shrug.

"That's not an answer Matthew." She says raising her eyebrows at me.

"How did you know dad was your mate?" I blurt out and she smiles fondly as if reliving the memory.

"I didn't even look at him when I knew. The moment I felt him in the room, I felt the pull. It's one of the strongest feelings a wolf can have. Did you feel this with this girl?" She asks and I shake my head.

"There's something about her. She smells good but my wolf doesn't react to her like he's found his mate." I say and her brows furrow in concentration.

"Do you think we have another problem at hand then? A witch? A coven?" She says and I shake my head and open my mouth to say something when the door opens and in walk my father and Michael following after him, he smirks at me while my father glares.

"Well Gabriel has just annoyingly filled me in on the situation as well as Michael." My father says and I keep my head down when he looks at me.

"She's unstable. If she's a witch then she has no idea and we have no idea on what she's capable of. Stay away from her. I'm only saying it once." He warns me and I lift my head immediately.

"She can't be a witch just because I like her scent it could be anything!" I raise my voice and my father growls loudly.

"It could be another pack trying to get my son alone with some whore and use you for ransom or kill you. I have one of the biggest packs in the country. Don't you dare think for a second that any Alpha wouldn't use you or Michael or even your mother to try steal our land from us. This is my last warning stay away from the girl." He says shaking his finger at me, I keep my head high and nod my head and he lowers his hand.

"Give me your phone." He says and my eyes widen in surprise.

"I've been too easy on you. Both of you. No phone. No school." My heart races as he says that and I look at my mother to plead to him.

"Mark please." She says and rubs his shoulder, he looks over at her but back at me.

"You're the next Alpha of this pack. It's time you start acting like it. Tomorrow is your last day at the school, you're wasting your time there." He says and all eyes are on me when I growl loud enough to echo throughout the room.

"No." I say and he growls back, my mom holds onto his shoulder tighter.

"I'm not gonna be the next Alpha. I'm going to college and you can't keep me here or tell me what to do." I say and leave the room not wanting to hear another word from him.