Chapter 9

Matthew's POV

My phone goes off for the 6th time in a row and I ignore it again, all that's on my mind is Eileen. She said she loved me. She loves me.

What did you think would happen...I warned you ..

My wolf scolds me in my head and a ball of guilt forms in my stomach, I didn't think she could have fallen in love with me so fast, I thought she would eventually get tired of me or something would bother her that she would leave I just...

You love her back...

I take a deep breath and grip the steering wheel tight, I should have left her alone.

What are you going to do? Steal your brothers mate? Keep her hidden forever?

I don't know.

He already knows.

Shut up. You don't know that.

He's waiting for the right moment, she'll never be yours. You can't keep her from him.

I try my best to ignore my wolf's thoughts but I know deep down he's right which makes my next decision even more hard to do. Another hour on the road and I reach home finally and see Michael waiting outside for me on the porch smoking casually as if he thinks no one would catch him. He smiles as my cars rolls up and takes a long drag when I get out of the car.

"Why is it when they always visit you can't stand to be around them?" I joke walking up the steps but my smile dissappears when he blows smoke into my face.

"I hate being around Ada. She freaks me out and you know she freaks you out too." He says and before he gets a chance to take another drag I grab the cigarette from him and flick it across the lawn.

"Come on. Isaac is basically family." I say and he rolls his eyes and looks at me up and down while breathing in deeply.

"What?" I ask as my heart races, he shrugs and we both go inside to see my parents and all their old friends gathered together.

"Look who decided to join us." My dad says looking between my brother and I with a dissaproving look.

"Boys." A soft voice says and I look over to see Ada, the vampire mate of my dad's friend Isaac, I don't know the details of the story exactly but the only way she could be with Isaac was by turning him into a hybrid of wolf and vampire, something Gabriel used to be.

"Look how much you've grown." She smiles and her eyes flash a bright blue for a moment and a shiver runs down my spine as she does. Both Michael and I jump at the same time as Isaac comes between us and slaps us on the back.

"They may have grown but they still don't look like Alphas to me." He jokes and walks over to Ada's side.

"Haven't you been training them Mark?" He laughs loudly and my father tries his best to give him a laugh but I known he realizes he's right. I could be stronger if I wasn't in school.

"You should train us more." I blurt out loud and all eyes are on me now.

"And how can I when you want nothing more than to be in school?" He raises an eyebrow and I raise my head high as I stare him down.

"I won't be. Not anymore. I've decided you're right. If I'm going to be the next Alpha of this pack then I should act more like it." I say and my mother looks at me worried but I can tell just how proud my father is of my decision.

"He will be a great Alpha." Ada says looking at me and then back at my father. A growl comes from my side and I see Michael storm out of the house without even saying anything.