Chapter 16

"Eileen.." I hear a hoarse voice groan in annoyance against my ear.

I squint my eyes open and watch my phone go off with the shrill cry of my alarm,ugh school. I reach over and hit snooze and then dig my arm back under the blanket when I feel a warm body wiggle behind me and I realize someone has snaked their arm around my waist. I widen my eyes immediately and sit up taking the arm off me and relax when I see Matthew looking up at me confused and tired.

"Sorry...I forgot it was you." I say and rub my eyes.

"Adrian didn't sleep in your room with you?" He says, his morning voice sounded so deep but teasing as he asked me about Adrian.

"No we'd always wait up here until one of my parents fell asleep and I snuck him into the basement." I say and stretch my arms above me.

"Go back to sleep" he groans and reaches for me but I put his hand down.

"I can't miss school. Some people actually want to graduate." I joke and jump out of bed feeling energetic.

I make an effort towards my hair and makeup today and decide against the usual dark colors I wore and put on a cream colored pull over that fit snug against me and some black leggings. When I exit the bathroom I notice Matthew is on his phone but he looks up from it immediately when he notices me.

"Look at you." He smiles and so do I and jump back into bed to straddle his waist. I tangle my hands with his and move our hands back and forth as he continues to stare up at me.

"What?" I ask wanting to know what he was thinking.

"Are you happy with me?" He asks and even though I'm a little surprised at the question I nod my head immediately.

"I have to go back home today." He says and I stop moving our hands and he sits up moving me to sit on his lap.

"I'll come back I swear." He says and I smile when he traces small circles into my thighs.

"Will I ever get to meet your family?" I ask feeling hopeful and this sad look crosses his face that slightly disappoints me but he forces a smile and nods his head.

"Eileen! You better be up let's go!" I hear my mother yell from downstairs and I groan and hop off of Matthew and put on my hat and boots.

"I'm gonna miss you." He says and I pout.

"Don't say that. It sounds like you're not coming back." I say and grab my phone to put in my sweater pocket.

"I love you. Better?" He flashes me a cheeky smile and I nod my head.

"Much better. I love you too. Bye." I kiss him goodbye and run downstairs to put on my jacket amd grab my bag and meet my mom and surprisingly my dad in the car as well.

"Your father's car is in the shop and now I've got to drive him to the airport." My mother says annoyed and my dad scoffs.

"I'm sure you can hold off your appointment with Gerald for an hour." He says and I just stay quiet not wanting to get involved. I focus on staring out the window with a small smile on my face. Matthew is back. There's no secrets between us and I might actually be able to be truly happy.

Matthew's POV

"How are they?" I ask my brother who as usual stands outside our house smoking, he had a smug smile on his when I pulled up but I made sure to get rid of Eileen's scent on me so he wouldn't notice.

"Pissed. Dad thought you were captured. Almost beat the crap out of Uncle Isaac and Gabriel for letting you go." He laughs and flicks away the remains of his cigarette. I shake my head and walk up to the front door.