Chapter 19

After some more coaxing and finally being able to get Adrian and Matthew to stop bickering we arrived at the party around 9 and before even going inside there was a large group of people standing around outside, most of the girls half naked and shivering in their costumes and the boys already drunk and wrestling one another but I didn't let it bother me.

"I give it one hour before you want to leave." Matthew whispers in my ear and I elbow him playfully and watch as Adrian walks away from us and towards his brothers who were surprisingly at the party as well. They each hug him for a long time but when they look over at Matthew, their whole demeanor changes like they want him dead before walking away.

"What was that about?" I yell to Matthew over the loud music and he just shrugs and doesn't respond.

"Eileen!!" A high pitched voice squeals and I'm surprised to see this brunette girl with glasses running towards me with a drink in her hands.

"Jenny right?" I remember her from my biology class, we had some pleasant conversations every now and then but I never imagined her being this excited to see me.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe you came! Absolutely everyone was betting whether or not you'd come and definitely not with Matt here." She winks at him playfully and he just nods his head at her and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"We're dating!" I yell and she smiles wide taking a sip of her drink.

"Come on you gotta catch up!" She laughs and hands me the cup and forces me to raise it to my lips. The moment it touches my lips I wanted to spit it back up, it burned and tasted like of a whole variety of liquors mixed with something to try and sweeten it but failed doing so. She screams as I finish the cup and claps her hands together.

"I'll get you another!" She slurs and walks away.

"Ugh" I groan and set the red solo cup on the nearest table and swallow what's leftover in my mouth.

"I don't think you should be drinking." Matthew says into my ear and I just shake my head.

"I'll be fine!" I yell and smile as Jenny comes back with two more cups.

"To our senior year!!" She cheers and so do others around her and drink from their cups, I do the same and force myself to finish yet another cup and laugh as Jenny spits hers out in disgust.

"Must have mixed it wrong, come on! I'll bring her right back!!" Jenny yells to Matthew and I almost argue to stay with him when she pulls me away anyways.

"I came with him. I really should stay with him." I say my stomach is feeling a little hot but she only shakes her head.

"He's fine he's making friends!" She slurs again and I look back to see him talking to Adrian which I guess is okay.

"Here" Jenny smiles wide handing me a shot glass.

"I dont know if I should." I hesitate but as I watch her take hers and hiss at the taste she only cheers me on. I smile at how upbeat she is and throw caution to the wind taking my first shot which tasted like poison and was almost impossible to swallow.

"Again again! I want to see this shy girl become life of the party!!" She screams and I laugh taking yet another shot.

Every now and then I would look back at Matthew who was always watching me and looked worried doing so but I didn't care. I shouldn't have gotten so drunk so fast, but some part of me felt like I deserved it. After everything I should be allowed to let loose and be happy without worrying about wolves and whatever else Matthew could be hiding from me.

Jenny introduced me to her other friends who of course loved me just as much as she did and as we started talking more and more we got to talking about Ashley and her obsessions and I talked about our little fight which they all found hilarious.