Chapter 21

Eileen's POV

I think back now at the day Adrian asked me to live here, he looked like he was in so much pain. And so was I. I look down at my fist to see the bruises that used to be there have completely healed and yet I can't remember how they got there in the first place. In fact I couldn't recall anything from that night except going to school and seeing Dr. Bell. Dr. Bell! He can tell me what we talked about that night.

"Eileen?" Matthew's voice snaps me out of my deep thoughts and I put on a fake smile for him. It felt comforting to know I was his mate, but apart of me still didn't know what that meant and I don't think Matthew even liked talking about it. But to see what kind of violence wolves are capable of was just...horrifying. What can Adrian do now? I don't even know what a rogue is, why can't he be accepted by another pack. What will become of his life now..

I wasn't very talkative for the rest of the day which I hope Matthew didn't notice. As for the rest of the weekend I didn't see Adrian very much except at night when I would look out my window to see him running away from the house as his wolf. Although my parents were gone I was grateful to have Matthew stay with me, to hold me at night and make me feel safe. Maybe he won't be a violent Alpha like his father, or at least I won't let him be one.

Sunday night sadly came quicker than I expected. And not only was I dreading going to school to see that asshole Alex but it also meant I would only see Matthew at night again and he never liked talking about what he did at home. He might have shown me his biggest secret but he still has walls up and is keeping me out from something more, he's still hiding something.

"Are you sure you're fine going back to school?" Matthew asks for the millionth time.

"You're starting to sound like my dad." I laugh and comb my wet hair as Matthew stares out the window, I assume he's waiting for Adrian to come back but this angry look comes over his face and he walks away from it.

"I'll be fine." I smile at him again and watch him walk to the bed and out of curiousity I look at the window just in time to see someone walking away wearing a blue parka with their hood up. I want to ask Matthew about it but I decide not to.

"I'll stay another day. We can spend the day in bed." Matthew pleads and I admire his suggestion but I shake my head.

"I'm better. Honestly. I won't let it get to me and make me into some coward." I say looking into his eyes amd making him smile.

"My brave girl." He kisses my forehead and I jump into bed with him.

"Did your parents not wonder where you are for the whole weekend?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"We have an understanding." He says reaching over and shutting off the lamp on my side making the entire room dark.

"Do they know about me?" I ask and notice Matthew visibly stiffen.

"Not yet." He finally answers and I sigh.

"I want to meet them." I say and Matthew places his hand on my face.

"You will. I promise." He kisses me softly and we stop talking and I watch him fall asleep while I stay up to listen to a wolf howling in the night.

The next morning to my surprise Matthew is gone but has left me a text saying his father needed him. I don't question it and get ready for school and start rushing when I realize I need to take the bus to get there on time. However as I'm running downstairs I'm greeted by Adrian waiting at the door with his car keys smirking at me.

"Honestly your parents should just get you your own car." He jokes and I smile at him missing his banter.

"Let's go kid." He winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"We're practically the same age." I sigh and he just laughs.

I found it curious that when I got to school neither Ashley or Alex had come which worked out amazing for me since I no longer felt anxious about seeing them and reliving the horrific party over again. I had however made a new friend that night, Jenny, who had filled me in on what happened after I had left.

I practically ran out of the building when the final bell rang since I couldn't wait to see Dr.Bell and ask him what I talked about that night. Yet the moment I got off the bus and walked towards his office I had this uneasy feeling that I was being watched.

"Hello Eileen." Dr. Bell's secretary greets me as usual and I smile at her.

"Hi Maggie how are you?" I lean at her desk and watch her staple something.

"Oh you know the usual. He's waiting for you." She nods her head towards his door and I smile and let myself in.

Dr. Bell looks up from the book he was reading and smiles at me. His smile never failed to warm me up.

"Eileen have a seat." He extends his hand towards our usual chairs and I do so immediately and watch him walk over and sit across from me.

"I actually just finished talking to your mother and I have some news which is both good and bad." He says and I look at him puzzled.

"We both agreed it might be time to take you off your medication. You've shown great improvement in my opinion." He says making a smile grow across my face.

"Well where's the bad news in that." I joke making him laugh and lean back in his chair.

"Well it could also mean our sessions might end soon." He says and my smile shrinks and I feel disappointed immediately.

"I could always come back. If I ever need you again." I say making him smile.

"The goal is that you never have to see me again. I hope for your complete recovery." He says makimg me smile and I realize he's right.

"Now then let's-" I interrupt him.

"Actually before we get started. I was wondering we could go over a session from a few weeks ago." I ask and he raises an eye brow at me.

"Which session?" He says digging through his notebook.

"The 16th." I ask and watch him look for the date.

"Ah...yes. It's interesting that you chose this date since it was after this visit I was actually beginning to see improvement in your mental health." He says and I look at him confused.

"What do you mean? What did I talk about?" I ask looking at his notebook.

"You don't remember?" He looks at me strangely and I nod my head.

"Well you came in late and looking rather distressed. I was worried you had been assaulted. You said you ditched school and went to the house of some boy." He says and my heart races. Why can't I remember this?

"What boy? Did I say a name?" I ask and he shakes his head and looks at me concerned but I urge him to continue.

"You said he changed...into a wolf. You seemed pretty upset that I-" his voice fades out, I'm no longer listening as my entire world shatters. I was the human. Adrian showed me. Matthew found out, he found me. It starts coming back to me. This woman touched me and I could no longer remember.

"Eileen. Eileen!" Dr. Bell raises his voice and I look up at him.

"Are you okay?" He says and I nod my head.

"Of course....let's continue." I smile and he hesitantly nods his head.

I want to scream. I want to destroy this room. He lied to me. They both lied to me. They erased my memory some how. I faked my way through Dr. Bell's session and by the time it was over I was on the verge of a panic attack.

I let out a loud sob the moment I'm outside and clutch my chest tight. How could he do this??? I trusted him...

"You remember." I hear a woman's voice and I turn around to see her. The one who made me forget.

"Get away from me." I warn her and she doesn't step any closer.

"This isn't going to be pleasant." She says and runs towards me wrapping her arms around my shoulders and everything around me dissappears.

Comment what you think :)