Chapter 42

When I open my eyes again I'm somewhere safe and familiar, Michael's room. I try to get up when I feel an arm tighten around my waist.

"Michael let go." I gasp and try to move his arm away.

"No."he mumbles and holds me closer to him. I sigh and wiggle around to face him and see him frowning with his eyes closed.

"I need to use the bathroom." I whisper and he opens his eyes immediately and sits up quick and looks at me.

"You're okay." He says amazed and I laugh.

"Why wouldn't i be?" I smile and he sighs relieved and he lays his head on my stomach.

"You scared me last night, you kept trying to get up and leave through the window last night." He yawns and my smile dissapears as I suddenly remember the bits and pieces of last night, the thing that stood out the most was Amelia threatening me. Was she really there? Or was I just hallucinating?

"I'm sorry for scaring you.." I say quietly and run my hands through his hair making him smile. Another memory comes to my mind from last night between Michael and I, things really did get out of hand last night. If I didn't panic the way I did,we might have actually had sex.

"Michael?" I watch him raise his head slightly to look up at me.

"Do you want to have sex with me?" I ask nervously and I'm surprised when he chuckles lightly.

"Right now?" He says raising an eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

"No! But...sometime soon would you want to?" I avoid eye contact with him, the whole subject of sex made me uncomfortable I didn't like the idea of being exposed so much in front of someone and trusting them completley with your body.

"When you're a wolf and when you want to. We can." He says and lays his head back down.

"But why not now...when I'm human?" I ask and run my hand down his arm.

"I would hurt you.."He says quietly which makes me frown.

"How? It's not like you'll be a wolf when you're doing it. I'd be okay." I try to reassure him but he shakes his head.

"I could lose control. I wouldn't change into my wolf but he could take over, he wouldn't care that you're still human. He'd take complete control and I wouldn't be able to hold back. It's not really a law amongst wolves to change their mates if they're human but it's more like a courtesy to save you from pain.." he says and lays his hand against my stomach and I watch his eyes darken slightly and his nails are replaced with claws instead, he takes a deep breath returning to normal and looks up at me.

"I wouldn't want that for you." He sighs and I'm a little sad when gets up and leaves the bed to check his phone across the room.

"What is it?" I ask as i watch him frown as he checks his phone.

"It's just training around the pack. Shit." He sighs and starts changing his clothes.

"You wouldn't mind hanging out with Melissa today right?" He says and I pout slightly.

"Not really but why can't I be with you today?" I ask and he sighs and walks back to the bed to kiss my forehead.

"You'll have me all day tomorrow I promise." He says making me smile.

After we both finished getting ready, we ate breakfast with his parents which wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. We walk outside through the back door and I see Melissa and James smiling at each other before their attention turns toward us. Were they waiting for us?

"I'll see you later" Michael places quick peck on my forehead before walking off together and Melissa smiles brightly at me as she interlocks her arm with mine and begins leading me into another direction.

"Do you know what they're doing?" I ask her and she just shrugs, I look back and see that Michael and James are now long gone which make me a little disappointed.

"There's honestly so much they could be doing around the pack that I wouldn't even know where to start. Once James told that all he did one day was run around the entire perimeter of the pack, it took him hours just to go around the south perimeter which isn't easy." she chuckles.

"Do you ever want to join them?" I ask and she shakes her head immediately.

"Some girls are up for that kind of stuff. I'm not a really a fighter so I spend time in the hospital training and hopefully earn my title as a future doctor in this pack." She smiles thinking about the idea and so do I until a sad thought pops into my head.

If Michael becomes Alpha, I would be his Luna. But what would I be doing? Just standing beside him and look pretty? What if I can't do anything here? I'll be useless and everyone will notice that immediately.

"Shit." Melissa mutters quietly and I look in the direction she was staring at and frown immediately. Adrian and his brothers were walking directly towards us but Adrian stops the second he makes eye contact with me.

"Come on that family is nothing but trouble believe me." She says and starts leading me in another direction but I hesitate and she looks at me strangely.

"What is it?" She asks and watches as his brothers continue to walk with out me and he stands there looking at me.

"Do you mind if I talk to him? I just need to know something okay?" I ask and she nods her head slowly.

"I'll just be up the road if you need me okay?" She says and I nod my head and watch her walk away.

I take a deep breath and slowly walk towards Adrian who gives me a small smilr that I do not return.

"You're barely here for two days and you've already made a friend." He smiles and I cross my arms across my chest.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and his smile turns smaller.

"The northside of the pack that used to belong to my father thinks I'm a coward, this side of the pack thinks I'm a traitor. The west and east sides both want me banished still or worse. I'd rather hang around the side where I still have one friend." He says and I glare at him.

"I'm not your friend." I say harshly and looks down at his feet.

"I still think of you as one." He says quietly and I sigh and shake my head.

"Matthew was banished because of you. You made two brothers hate each other for your own selfish reasons." I slightly raise my voice and he scoffs.

"The truth was going to come out no matter what. I only made it happen faster." He yells.

"Only because things didn't go your way." I say and his eyes widen slightly.

"You didn't plan on getting caught after you showed me your wolf. You thought you could get away with it. You are a coward, you thought pinning two brothers against each other would help you sneak your way in as the Alpha." I say and he opens his mouth to say something but I don't let him.

"Stay away from me and Michael. I did think of you as a friend once but now...you're not who I thought you were. You're just a selfish asshole." I spit at him and start walking away not caring if he had anything else to say. And he didn't. I jump at the sound of bones cracking a wolf growl but when I turn around all I see is a pile of torn clothes.

I continue walking up the road and sure enough Melissa was up there waiting.

"I didn't mean to listen. But what was that about?" She asks concerened and I just shake my head.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

Sorry for the long wait I've been busy with school and work :( i hope you enjoyed this chapter and comment what you think :)