Chapter 7- It Hurts.

* Flashback *

Lincoln Esme p. o. v

I smiled as I chased Franklin around the yard, my small new Great Dane puppy! I picked him up this morning, he's very cute.

" Come on, baby! You need a drink and a nap." I laughed at him, all sprawled out on the ground with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

I picked him up, carrying him inside and placing him by his water bowl, listening to him drink more than half as I walked into the kitchen, cleaning up his puppy pad and placing another out. I turned around and saw him go to bed dog bed and lay down, quickly falling asleep.

Tonight, my sister and brother in-law are coming over, along with my nieces; Olivia and Lola. Only born a few months ago, they're precious. They have the same eyes as me and my sister Emilie and I, everything else is like their father; Jared.

Jared and Emilie are having me watch the girls tonight, so they can go on a date. They haven't been on one in the last few months and they want to get back to them. I always have wanted to be close with my nieces, babysitting them tonight will help me.

They're only 3 months, which means I will be changing diapers and making bottles more than a few times tonight. I made myself some chicken soup and grabbed a water, sitting down at the counter with my laptop. I quickly pulled up the browser and checked my social media's, knowing I more than likely won't be able too while the girls are here, unless they're asleep.

I then pulled my phone out and text me sister.

" Remember the crib for them! " - Sent at 7:45 P.M.

Not even a second later, Emilie had responded.

" Trust me, I won't! Thanks for keeping them over night! Means a lot! Love ya! See you soon. " - Delivered at 7:46 P.M.

I smiled as my fingers flew over the keys, typing my response.

" Anytime. I love the girls and I love you and Jared. See you soon. " - Sent at 7:47 P.M.

I placed my phone on the counter and finished my soup and water, placing them into the sink and closing my laptop, putting it up and away. I walked into the kitchen, looking at my framed pictures above my fire place.

My sister and I are mostly all of them, I have one of Lola and Olivia with me holding them the day they were born, one of me and Jared and Justin smiling. The last few are of my parents and I, Emilie in every occasional one.

My parents and I hardly talk, sure, we will go to each others houses eventually, but we aren't close like some people. I don't call them every night, mostly because I know they wouldn't answer and that they would be annoyed. They jump for Olivia, Lola, Emilie and Jared, but for some reason, I'm the odd one out. Having to get everything for myself, but it's fine because it's made me who I am today.

I heard my phone go off, I grabbed it and it was my sister.

" We're here. " - Delivered 8:00 P.M.

I locked my phone and walked to my door, opening it as Jared came in with the crib first.

" Upstairs. " I said as he gave me a thumbs up, picking it up again and heading up there. I walked out too the car, ready to carry one of my nieces in.

My twin nieces are my baby girls.

" Liv is a bit grumpy, hope you don't mind. " Emilie laughed as she handed me the carseat that had Liv inside.

" I don't. " I said as I smiled at Liv, walking inside and placing the carseat down by the couch, Emilie doing the same with Lola.

" Alright, I'm a bit worried about leaving them. I've never done this. " Emilie said as I seen her dress.

" You look gorgeous and the girls will be fine! Just text me when you want an update, you guys need this. " I smiled as Jared came downstairs.

" Is that Franklin? The dog you always go on and on about? " He asked as he bent down and gave the girls kisses.

" Yes! He's worn out from playing with the ball. " I smiled.

" Cute, maybe we could get a dog," He winked at Emilie.

" No way," She laughed.

Emilie hates dogs. She always has.

" Loser," Jared said, sticking his tongue out at her.

Emilie bent and kissed the girls.

" Mommy loves you. Can't wait too see you when we get back. " She whispered to them, giving them another kiss.

" I love you too, whore. " She said as she stood up, wrapping her arms around me.

" Mhm, hoe, love you. No more nieces or nephews YET! " I smiled as I hugged Jared.

" Yeah, Yeah. Watch my kids. Love ya. "

" See you. Have fun, not too much! " I said as I shut the door after they walked out.

" Well girls, what are we gonna do? " I asked, looking down only to notice that they're asleep.

I carried them upstairs, placing them into their crib so they would sleep better. I walked downstairs, watching tv for the next few hours. I grabbed my phone, taking the time to check my social media's.

I clicked the Facebook app, scrolling down. I raised my eyebrows at a certain post.

" RIP Emilie. "

" RIP Jared,"

Emilie and Jared? Can't be my Emilie and Jared. I dialed Emilie, shaky fingers.
I got no reply. I quickly called my parents.

" Mom," I said as I heard her pick the line up.

" Oh, Honey," She busted into tears.

" It's true? It's our Emilie and Jared? " I gasped as I tried to not try.

" Yes. Justin is on his way there. We will be there in 2 hours, I love you, honey. " She cried and hung up. I placed the phone down, starring into space as I stood up, needing some water. I placed my cup under the faucet, turning it on as I dropped my cup and bent over, bursting into tears. I shut the water off and I walked into the living room, my pictures above the fire place calling for me. I held them as I sat on the floor, clutching the picture to my chest as I sat here.

" Lincoln? " Justin's broken voice asked as the front door open.

I went to reply but all he got was a sob.

" Oh, Lincoln. " He said as he bent down and wrapped his arms around me.

" It hurts. " I sobbed into his chest as he hugged me, crying along with me.

" I know. " He spoke.

" Make it stop. Please just make it stop. It hurts so bad. " I sobbed and sobbed as I was held in his arms.

My sister that was here less than a few hours ago, is now with our Lord.
My brother in-law that was here less than a few hours ago, is now with our Lord.
I will no longer have anyone to call with boy problems. Emilie giving advice, Jared threatening to beat them up. My only sister is now gone.