Chapter 4

September 27, 2009

9:09 a.m.

I just woke up and the first thing I noticed was that the curtains of Audrey’s attic window were open. And when I looked inside I came across with Alex’s things. They must be fucking kidding me. I loved my room for the privacy and silence and now I’ll have Audrey’s step-sister fucking me all day and all night.

Only with the pajama’s pants on I went to Audrey’s house and went inside without knocking. Audrey was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in hand and the remote in the other one.

“Take her out of the attic,” told her angrily.

“What the fuck are you doing in my house?”

“You know I like privacy and I’ll not have it if your fucking sister looks at me through the window.”

“I didn’t want her next to my room.”

“And then you send her to the attic? You love fucking my life.”

“That’s not true. I didn’t want her next to my room and she accepted the attic.”

I ran my hands through my hair and I left the house in a rage. I slammed the door when I left. I went to my house and climbed up the stairs making the wood crunch under my feet. I closed the curtains furiously, almost tearing off the fabric.

September 28, 2009

2:40 a.m.

I just got back home. Tomorrow classes will start again and we all decided to do an underground motorcycle race. We made it out of town, where ever. There were about one hundred and fifty people and the smell of gasoline, cigarettes and alcohol filled the air. There was a circle of people betting who would win the race. Jack was in charge of the wager. Jack was the kind of guy who you do not want to get in with.

I was leaning against my motorcycle. I had a beer in hand and a girl who flirted with me while kissing me on the neck. I wasn’t complaining it was the same as always.

Louis, Brandon and a couple of guys had hoped that Audrey appeared on her motorcycle with Alex behind her. They wanted to prove to everyone that Alex really was as "beautiful as an angel" (their words, not mine). All made ​​fun of them, including myself, when they began to be cheesy about her.

When Audrey finally appeared I expected her to come alone. What would make the rich girl here? But, as I mentioned life hates me, when Audrey parked the motorcycle Alex climbed off. After setting up her blouse she walked next to Audrey, looking everywhere. She wore a simple white tank top, black shorts and red Converse. She wore a pair of golden bracelets on her left wrist and her hair in a braid.

Her snowy skin stood out from the tanned and tattooed skin of the other girls. All the boys were watching her from feet to head stopping in her legs. Audrey greeted us all and Alex waved dedicating us a shy smile, everyone kept looking at her. There wasn’t a new girl here from long ago and fresh meat gets you hungry, if you know what I mean.

Louis was the fastest of all. He approached Alex and passed his arm around her slender shoulders. She smiled uncomfortably and I smiled mockingly as I felt the girl's lips going back to my neck.

“Sorry for yesterday's incident,” Louis apologized, his first move towards the "conquest".

“I should have locked the door,” she mumbled.

Louis pulled her closer to him and I couldn’t help laughing at her face of discomfort. I drank what was left of my beer. I kissed the girl on the lips, making her a promise that I wouldn’t let her like this. She bit her lip and winked at me.

“Louis leave your pathetic romanticism and let's run.”

He rolled his eyes and we both headed to the starting line with our motorcycles.

“Niall, Brandon will take her away,” he said looking at Alex from one the motorbike mirrors.

“She wasn’t for you,” I simply say.

“Why do you say that?”

“The rich girl isn’t going to like someone like us,” I say gesturing around.

Everyone here has tattoos, most of the girls and some other guy have dyed hair and no one can say that hasn’t tried alcohol or cigarettes.

“I think she is the type of girl that looks for a guy with a convertible, handsome, with manners and fashion sense that goes beyond jeans and t-shirts,” I commented as I get on the bike.

Louis groans in frustration. I laugh at him. All of us involved in the race get ready while a girl with very short clothes goes to the front, hoping indicate us the time of departure.

They were all there for different reasons. Some, like Louis, to impress a girl. Others to win a bet and a few, like me, to feel free and feel the adrenaline running through their veins.

The girl waved the green flag in her hands and all we started squealing the tires against the pave. I sped to the merits, surpassing all. I loved to feel the wind against my face and the speed causing adrenaline. I was addicted to that feeling.

As expected I won them all. No one ran better than me. I loose all my feelings against the accelerator and therefore rarely someone beat me.

Louis smiled triumphantly when Alex congratulated him. That just enlarged Louis’ ego. Alex also congratulated me but I just ignored her. Liam congratulated me separating him from the girl who choked on a "kiss". A different girl than yesterday, but we were all used to that. No girl was for more than once, and if she really was a good two or three times.

I put on my leather jacket. We all had another beer. As expected Alex refused the drink. Louis didn’t leave her all night, although she looked uncomfortable.

Alex and Audrey left a little after midnight and I took an hour with the girl who had flirted with me before I come home.