Chapter 39

July 3, 2010

8:08 pm

I can finally write this. I know that I need to write this to seal and finish this diary.

Until June 27, Diana had been well. That week we had been in her house simply spending time together. Every day Christian called to the laboratory to find out how much had they advanced.

On June 27 after lunch Diana and I went upstairs because she felt fatigued. Now she had to use the cannula and carry oxygen tank everywhere. She was always trying to take it away and complained, but I never let her remove it.

Finally, after lunch I got Diana to bed so that she rested for a bit.

“Diana,” I whispered as running my fingers between her brown hair.

“Hmm.”

“Do you remember what you told me?”

“What thing, Niall. We have spoken of many things,” she hid her face in my chest.

“You told me that you could see the son wink just before it his completely if I was completely happy,” my hand went down to her lower back and stroked the small part of bare skin.

“Sure, Niall. Or at least that was what made me believe when I was a girl. “

“I'd see that.”

“Are you completely happy?” her warm breath crashed against my chest.

“I would say that more than that,” I murmured.

“Then let’s go see the sunset,” Diana adjusted the cannula so she was able to breathe properly. I could hear how difficult that was for her to breathe normally.

Sometimes her chest hurt, indicating that her heart was working with more irregularity.

“Going to the beach?”

“Yes. This week you have taken me to the movies, to dinner and we have even walked by Elmwood looking at the stores. We are going to the beach. The doctor said that change of scene would help me relax,” Diana sat on the bed and looked at me with her brown eyes. I closed my eyes and plunged into the pillow.

I opened an eye and spied her through my eyelashes.

“If I take you to the beach, do you promise me to not stop using oxygen tank and that you will follow all the recommendations given by the doctor?”

“I promise.”

She smiled and leaned over to give me a short kiss on the lips.