Chapter 5

4:30 p.m. (Of the same day)

There is nothing good to do at work and I just finished ordering a new shipment of books that just arrived. I'm standing behind the counter, waiting for someone to come in, but it's Monday and I know that will not happen. So I've decided to take out this stupid notebook and write. I think I'll skip my morning routine and go straight to what happened at school.

We were all outside the school, waiting for the bell to ring. Only nerds went in before. I was resting on my bike with my arms crossed over my chest. The only one missing was Audrey, but she’ll surely come with her annoying sister.

Mike, a guy with brown skin, was next to me, showing us the bike that his father had bought him. I didn’t let my father pay for anything more than my education, food and clothing. I paid for everything else with my work at the library.

Fifteen minutes before the bell rang a black convertible parked a little further than where we were. Audrey climbed off smirking and as always she was wearing the skirt above than she should and had sweater on so none noticed her tattoos, but everyone knew that we had tattoos and piercings.

She started walking towards us with an evil smile.

“What did you do?” I asked her when she was enough close.

“I told Alex that the skirt is wear like this,” she said towards her short skirt.

Seconds later Alex left her car while hanging the backpack on her shoulder. The poor girl was trying to fix her uniform skirt, feeling uncomfortable for carrying it so short.

“You are bad,” I said smiling and everybody laughed.

“I cannot stand her,” she said rolling her eyes.

“So why do you treat her right?” Liam asked.

“Because if you are Alex’s friend she gives you gift.”

“Profit-seeking,” Louis said.

“Hey, hey. Look!” Brandon said pointing towards Alex.

Harry Styles, one of the nerds of the class, was reading without realizing that he walked towards Alex. He hit her and they both threw their books to the floor. They stooped to pick them up. Alex handed him his glasses and he put them on. They picked their things up and he reached his hand out, helping her up. They both exchanged words and began to walk toward the inside of the school.

“You lost your charm, Louis. The nerd is going to sleep with her before,” I laughed.

At first hour we were talking and throwing us all stuff. We had history and the teacher hasn’t arrived. When he arrived he commanded us to do silence and a couple of seconds later Alex appears. She knocked the door and the professor let her in, but before she can go sit he puts a hand on her shoulder stopping her.

“Boys and Girls she is...” He hays leaving the sentence while trying to remember the name of the girl who has next to him.

“Alex Cohen,” she says.

“Alex Cohen. She will be with us. I have understood that the program at your school is ahead, so I hope it’s easy for you adapt. Did you bring the works that I asked for during the month?”

He expected her to say no to reprimand her, but to everyone's surprise she pulled out a black folder and handed it to him. Then she turned to the only empty place, which for her bad luck was in front of Louis, who was on my right side.

Louis bothered her throughout all the class as she tried to ignore him.

The other classes went like that. Louis, Brandon or some horny guy trying to sit close to her to get a better view of her legs.

I must say that in this world no one is perfect, this is not a novel for teenagers with raging hormones, but Alex's legs were a good attribute that the boys had the pleasure to admire and more thanks to Audrey’s "joke".

And as it was expected at lunch time she sat with us. Louis and Brandon sat at her sides saving me the displeasure to sit with her. She barely ate and I think it was because those two idiots made ​​her feel uncomfortable.

The rest of the day was normal. They left us a couple of homework, but nothing extraordinary. When the dismissal bell rang I left school, I ride the motorcycle and head to the bookstore. And when I got...

“Why did you stop?” James asked his granddaughter.

“He stopped writing and dad already came to pick me up.”

“Oh.”

Hanna gave her grandfather a kiss on the forehead.

“I won’t read anything, I promise,” she told him before walking out the door.

(Merry Christmas!! :D I Hope you have a wonderful day!!! Please vote and comment xoxo )