Chapter 34

December 23, 2009

11:01 pm

“Why don’t you settle and get ready for dinner? Your uncles will come in a couple of hours, Diana,” Clara suggested closing the door behind us.

The house was flooded with a delicious smell of cooking. I fist bump Matthew and Skander, who were watching a movie in the living room. Carrying my backpack I went up the stairs behind Diana. We entered her room and she closed and locked the door. I left my backpack on the floor and took off my jacket.

“What about a shower?” Diana asked me thrusting her small hands under my shirt. Her warm skin against mine made me shiver.

He slipped his hands from my chest up to the waistband of my pants. I hugged her around the waist and I pressed my lips lightly against his.

“Okay,” I accepted. She smiled and took off my shirt.

An hour later, Diana and I were sitting in one of the armchairs in the living room while her uncles, who had just arrived, settle in the room. Diana was sitting next to me wearing an elegant black dress, with her perfectly straightened hair, black heels with red platform and the delicate necklace I had given her resting on her chest. I had opted for something simpler. Black jeans accompanied by sneakers and a long sleeve button up shirt.

She stood up to greet their family members, as I greeted them uncomfortably shaking their hands. Everyone looked at me from head to toe and I could almost hear their minds criticizing me when they noticed my tattoos below the white shirt. Diana held my hand, proud and they also scolded at her for doing that.

We all sat in the room, Skander and Matthew disappeared along with Diana’s younger cousins, and Clara informed us that dinner would be ready soon. Diana didn't let go my hand a single second.

I stood in silence while they all were part of the conversation. I had never cared what others would think of me, but being sitting there, surrounded by the family of my girlfriend while they looked at me, it made me want to know that was crossing by their minds. But there was a look that stood out above the others. A look that watched me covertly, but firmly. Felicity’s gaze, who wasn’t Diana’s cousin, but rather, the daughter of Clara's best friend. A blond girl with green eyes that reflected her firm, flirty character, and that she maybe was too self-confident.

She was wearing a red dress that fit her body. Eyes outlined with black and lips painted passion red. I tried not to look at it during those minutes, but her stare made me feel uncomfortable.

A few minutes later Clara told us that dinner was served.

We settled on the dining table where a light soup was expecting us as a starter of what was a great dinner. At the beginning all flowed normally, adults were engaged in their talk while Diana cousins were talking about I don’t know what concert. Diana and I were talking in a low voice.

“We should repeat that date,” she suggested.

“Oh, Yes. And we should invite your cousins,” I suggested in jest and she got it because she let out a giggle that drew the attention of all to us.

One of the uncles of Diana cleared throat and stared at me. He probably expected me to lower my eyes, embarrassed, but I did the opposite. I held his the gaze to the point of making him feel uncomfortable.

“Well, well. I think it's time to meet the new kid,” Clara’s best friend spoke. “Tell me how you met.”

Felicity smiled at me with malice and I gave a small sip to my cup full of water before speaking.

“Well we are going to the same school and have many lectures together. In addition, Audrey is my best friend and my neighbor. And, well, I think that things just happened,” I dedicated a small smile to my favorite girl and she returned the smile to me.