Chapter 24

10:57 p.m. (of the same day)

"I look like shit," I said out loud looking at myself in the mirror.

"You had a fight yesterday," Diana remembered me and I rolled my eyes.

I sat beside the sink and took off my shirt. She made a disgusted face as she removed the bandages of my wounds, revealing my red skin and wounds that reached under my skin. The cuts surrounded by purple bruises and the bandages full of dried blood made ​​her wrinkle her nose.

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" She asked me, she took out the first aid kit and began to empty the little box taking out what she would need.

"No, I am sure they don't hurt."

She took a piece of cotton and soaked it in alcohol. She carefully cleaned all wounds, including the ones in my face. I tried not to show how much they were burning. She touched the wounds carefully putting cream. She changed the bandages, placing them gently on my skin, and smiled at me.

"You worry too much," I remarked and she pouted.

"I don't want anything to happen to you, Niall."

"Oh, come here," I hugged her, pressing her against my chest. "Nothing bad is going to happen to me. No let's get dressed. I think we have a date."

She laughed as we left the bathroom. The wounds hurt, especially the one I have in the lip and that one I have in the chest. But it is better to be silent and hide it. I put on clean clothes trying not to move much, but it was almost impossible with Diana around me as she spoke and moved sometimes touching my wounds.

“Stop playing and get dress,” I told her, gritting my teeth after she brushed my chest wound without realizing it. She took off her shirt and went to her closet to find something to wear.

It was Sunday and at 9:00 am no one was awake so after a bowl of cereal and a note written by Diana to her parents we went out of the house note. We used her car, for obvious reasons.

"What are we going to do?" She asked me leaning over me while I was driving

“I don’t know. You're better than me in these things, why do not you decide?” I suggested and she pouted hiding her face in my neck. She knelt on her seat and managed to get between my arms. She snuggled against me and in that strange position it was difficult to drive.

"You invited me. You tell me what we are going to do."

“Well, we’ll take about an hour to get to the city, so we have time to think. Now, sit and buckle you seat belt.”

It was hard to drive when she was almost over me and played with me, especially pulling my hair.

“Why are we going to Redwood?”

I sighed. She kept talking and my patience was wearing thin.

“I thought you wanted to go to the movies, and the best theaters are in the city. In Redwood.”

“Look what I brought,” she took out a camera of her purse and I raised a brow before returning my gaze to the road.

“Why did you bring it?”

“I need a pic with you for my wall,” Diana commented, referring to the photo collage on her room’s wall.

I heard the sound of the camera, indicating that a photo had been taken. She had taken my picture. I tried to grab the camera but she moved it out of my reach. I turned to look at her and she took another picture and laughed. I asked her to give me the camera while she escaped me and laughed when she took another picture. We both laughed and I tried to keep us on the road with one hand, while the other I tried to grab the camera.