Chapter 29

November 22, 2009

11:07 pm

The rain was pouring when we left the Café. I took care that Diana reached the car as dry as possible and turn on the heat to keep her warm. I bucked her seat belt making sure that she was safe. I turned on the car and the lights to see the road.

She was quiet all the way since she knew that with this rain I couldn’t take my eyes from the road without us getting in an accident. It took us an hour to reach the hotel. The rain didn’t stop even for a moment; instead it seemed to intensify with every second that passed. We all leave our cars in front of the hotel and the ballet parking took our keys to park them.

“What are we doing here, Niall? We cannot pay this,” Brandon told me with furrowed brows.

We entered the hotel and in the lobby were several people. Most were hotel employees that were attending guests.

“Miss Cohen! Your father called to tell us that you would come.” The man in suit greeted us from behind counter.

A few young ladies wearing the uniform of the hotel came to us to give us a couple of towels so we could dry.

“I imagine that you do not bring pajamas,” the man said watching that we were using clothes that had nothing to do with the weather.

“Indeed,” Diana nodded.

“That won't be a problem. We’ll give you dry clothes so you can change,” he made a couple of calls and we sat in armchairs in the lobby to dry ourselves while they gave us the key to our room.

“The room is ready, Ms. Cohen. I will send your luggage in a couple of minutes. McGuire will accompany you to your room. I hope that you have a nice night.”

McGuire led us to the elevator. We were all silent while the elevator went up the floors of the hotel. I lock my hand with Diana’s and she rested her head on my arm. I knew she was tired and was still cold. The elevator stopped on the thirteenth floor and McGuire took us to the door with the number 1304 in it. He slides electronic card and the door opens.

“I hope you enjoy your stay. If you need something don’t hesitate to call reception. Good night.”

It was just 6 o'clock in the afternoon, but the rain and cloudy skies made it seems that it was later. The first thing we saw when entering the room was a living room with a huge TV on the wall. There was a kitchenette very stylized and at sides were 4 doors. Two on the right side of the room and two from the left one.

Nadia’s boyfriend whistled.

“Wow!”

The marble floors were white, as well as the leather armchairs and walls. What brought color into the room were the paintings of modern art hanging on the walls. The kitchen was of black granite and appliances were stainless steel.

In the center was a crystal chandelier that illuminated the room and a vase of fresh flowers decorated the coffee table. Everyone admired every corner, while for Diana that was part of the normal.

“Each room has two double beds and individual bathrooms. I don’t know how we will organize ourselves, but I think that there are enough beds for all.” Diana informed us smiling at us.

“Can we order room service?” Nadia’s boyfriend asked and Nadia elbowed him, telling him that he shouldn’t take advantage of the kindness of Diana.

“Sure. The menu must be in the kitchen,” Diana shrugged.

“Tired?” I asked when the others had gone to the kitchen to find the menu.

“Not that much. But I'm hungry.”

“I know that you would like a hamburger and fries. And I know that you will eat you just half of the burger because you've filled with potatoes and I will end up eating the rest,” I told her and she smiled.

“You know me so well,” she muttered.

I leaned forward to kiss her. I caught her lips between mine and slid my hands around her waist, down until they reached her butt. I squeezed it and she jumped. She surrounded my neck with her arms. I smiled against her lips. I pressed her against my body and she let out a slight moan. I bit her lip and she pulled my hair.

“Niall,” she whispered between kiss and I pressed my lips roughly against hers before separating us.

Blush covered her cheeks and was so heated it seemed like she was going to faint.

“Do you want something to eat?” Someone asked from the kitchenette.

“Two hamburgers with French fries and soda, please.” I said and Diana looked at me pouting.

“Let’s watch a movie,” Brooke suggested sitting in one of the armchairs in the living room.

“What do you want to see?” Her boyfriend asked looking at films lined up on the shelf.

There was a small discussion about the film that we should see. During this short period of time Diana sat on my legs, and while no one was looking she turned to kiss that point in my neck, just below my ear. She used her hair as a shield against the prying.

She gently biting and sucked that little point making my body tense up and clench my teeth. I took deep breaths to control that heat that struggled to build up inside me. Diana was still wearing that short shorts and I took that opportunity to caress her legs as my hand went closer to that forbidden place.

I thought that if she had a little tortured she would eventually stop. But I was wrong. After a couple of minutes stroking her legs I felt the tip of her tongue lick where her lips had kissed before. I took her by the waist and forced her to sit next to me. If she continued I wasn't going to be able to control my impulses.

They put the action movie and a few seconds later someone knocked at the door. Diana went to open it and one of the employees of the hotel came in with the cart that brought our food. Diana gave him a tip and closed the door behind him. Everyone took what they had ordered and sat in the living room, concentrating on the film which was playing in the screen.

Diana handed me my plate with the burger and fries. She put our sodas on the coffee table. She looked at me with supplicant eyes and a pout her lips.

“May sit on your lap?” She murmured not to interrupt the film.

“No. No way I will let you sit on my lap after what you did a few minutes ago,” I refused.

“Please. I'll be good,” she looked me in the eyes.

I rolled eyes and I gave up. She sat on my lap, smiling.

The film advanced while blood and gunfire were reflected in television. Our two plates of food were lying in her legs. We both shared the meal, without noticing who dish was which. Diana had the sight pinned on television while slowly chewing the hamburger.

I cleaned a bit of mustard that was in the corner of her lip, but she didn’t notice. She was too engrossed in the film to realize a gesture as small as that. After all Diana ate more than I did since she ate all her burger, and a few bites of mine, all the French fries from her plate and half of mine.

She snuggled against me when a particularly bloody scene appeared on the screen.

Two hours and half later the film ended. We put the dirty dishes in the cart so they could take them tomorrow in the morning and began to distribute the rooms. There were eight beds in total, more than enough for us.

Louis, Brandon and the girls who accompanied them shared a room. Nadia, Brooke and their boyfriends another. Audrey and Liam shared a bedroom while they slept in different beds. That left the last room only for Diana and me, but I think it is obvious that we share a bed. When everyone was dismissed to go to sleep Diana and I went into the room that belonged to us.

In the beds were four warm white pajamas neatly folded. Christian probably told them that more than two people would sleep in the room.

“What about a bath?” Diana asked me and I nodded.

I wanted to remove all the sand stuck to my body to be able to sleep well.

We went into the bathroom and close the door. There was a shower with glass doors and two sinks on a toilet that occupied an entire wall. On top of the vanity were four small bags. Two pink and two black. Diana opened one of the pink ones, and I saw that it was full of feminine things, including a couple of tampons.

I resisted the urge to tease her not wanting to sleep alone in bed while she was sleeping in the other. She pulled out a small bottle with shampoo and a conditioner for the hair. She also took a bar of body soap. She put the things in the shower then turned it on, so the water would begin to heat up. I took the shampoo in a black bag and put it next to her things.

She put a couple of towels near the shower so we could take them without any effort when we finished showering. She undressed and her hair fell delicately on her shoulders, covering her breasts. I also took off my clothes and I saw some sand fell to the floor.

“Are you coming?” She asked me while she hoped into the shower.

I took her hand and walked with her to the shower. We were both too tired to do anything else other than taking a shower. I soap her body and hair gently and she did the same with me. None of ulterior motives, only tender caresses while we washed each other.

Then we only stood under the shower, waiting for the soap to disappear from our bodies. When we left the shower we wrap ourselves in towels and stopped opposite the toilet. Diana brushed and combed her hair while I dried my skin. Then she got body cream all over her body and left the bathroom wrapped in fluffy towel to get the pajamas. We dress and I scratched my chin, feeling the rough beard that had begun to grow. I only shaved me once a week because I have no need to do it every other day.

“You should shave, so you don’t have to do it tomorrow morning,” Diana suggested and I looked at her.

“Why don't you make the honor?” I gave her the shaving cream and razor which I had found in the black bag.

“Sure,” she smiled.

I pulled down the toilet lid, and sat down. Diana stood up between my legs and put some shaving cream in her hand to then put it in my face. She slowly covered my chin and my cheeks with shaving cream.

“Don't move; I don't want to cut you.” She warned me and grabbed the razor.

She was biting her lip as she passed the razor on my face, so soft that it seemed that it was not cutting any hair. After she shaved all my face cleaned the excess cream shaving with a towel and smiled at me.

“Ready, Mr. Horan. Do also want a haircut?”

“No, thank you. I think it has been enough for today. I have to make sure that my girlfriend sleeps,” I whisper and when I stood up, I took her in my arms and carried her to bed.

We got under the soft covers and cuddled. I wrapped her with my arms and my leg. I kept her warm. Outside the rain began again and the lightning and thunder invaded the sky.

“I cannot stop thinking about that,” she murmured against my neck.

“About what?” I asked stroking her hair.

“Audrey’s pregnancy. What happen if she aborts it, Niall? I cannot think of a small baby being murdered by its mother,” she trembled in my arms.

“I know, doll. But we have no voice or vote to stop her. Some people do stupid things when they are young and then regret it.”

“But later we won’t be able to save it. It will be dead,” she said with clenched teeth.

“Shh.” I rocked her in my arms.” I don’t think that. Now it is time for you to sleep. Tomorrow we have a date, and this time will be serious.”

I kissed her forehead narrowing the topic. Just at that moment someone called at door.

“I will go.” Diana was suddenly out of my grip and went to open the door.

Diana opened the door, revealing Liam standing there while he scratched his neck.

“Can I sleep here? Audrey isn't in a very good mood,” he murmured.

“Of course,” Diana stepped aside to let him pass.

“Thank you.” Liam entered the room and nodded, greeting me.

Diana pulled out a couple of blankets extras of the closet and handed them over to Liam. He smiled at her. Diana’s heart is too gentle, even cares that Liam is cold when he is planning to push the dagger in her back.

“Good night,” Diana mumbled, settling in my arms again.

“Night,” Liam and I responded.

I covered Diana the best I could with the blankets, now that Liam was sleeping in the same room as she I feel that I should protect her more. Now that the two of them sleep, I am writing these words in this notebook that nobody should ever read.

“Incredible,” murmurs Hanna and looks at her grandfather.

“I know. There are people who don’t think twice what they do.” James sighed.

“No need to repeat it. Now I have to leave, grandfather. See you tomorrow.” Hanna kisses the cheek of her grandfather.

She leaves the nursing home for elderly and sees Josh waiting for her in his car. She approaches him and kisses him on the lips. After all the problems that they had had disappeared from their lives. Hanna gets into the car, delighted that her boyfriend has picked her up.

November 23, 2009

9:31 p.m.

I woke up this morning before everyone else. I devoted myself to firmly observe the beautiful face of Diana. Her fine features, small nose, her long eyelashes, these small almost invisible freckles and above all those pink lips that made me lose composure.

I caressed her back below the pajamas; the tips of my fingers barely touched her tanned skin. Her hair smelled of shampoo that had used last night and her skin was smooth thanks to the body lotion.

Liam made a strange sound and moved in the next bed. I rolled my eyes. I wondered if Diana would be hungry when she wakes up or feel bad for eating so much last night. I am surprised that she didn’t wake up at that time complaining of stomach pain. I stood there admiring her until Liam interrupted my little happy moment.

“You better not approach too much,” Liam mocked and I looked at him with hatred.

“It is my girlfriend, I can approach as much as I want,” I grumbled.

“Surely she will remain your girlfriend after all this,” he sarcastically said.

“Shut up. She's mine.” I pressed her against my chest.

“You've grown fond of her too fast.” He pointed out and I frowned.

“How couldn’t I?” I said looking at the girl asleep beside me and stroking her soft cheek.

“You're going to turn into one of those stupid who falls and they begin to see the world pink.”

“No, I’m not.”

Liam snorted and supported his head in his arms.

“Yeah, sure. You will tell me I was right.”

“What about you?” I asked.

“There is nothing. I'm not like you.”

“Didn’t you get Audrey pregnant? I am almost sure that it was you. If the rumors are certain it should be you, since you have spent much time together lately,” I accused him and saw how he tensed his muscles.

“You are wrong, Niall. I don’t get girls pregnant, I only sleep with them.”

“I can notice that you didn’t put attention in sex education class. “

“I didn’t get Audrey pregnant.”

“Yeah, sure.  Like you say.”

Liam clenched his teeth and before I could say one word more he locked himself in the bathroom. My doll slept for nearly one hour more until finally she woke up complaining in my arms.

“I have a tummy ache,” she murmured and I smiled.

“I will ask a couple of pills and tea,” I announced and gave her a soft good morning kiss on her lips.

Near noon we leave the hotel after Diana told the receptionist to charge everything to Christian Cohen´s credit card account.

“Thank you for saving our asses,” Brooke thanked while she laughed.

“You’re welcome,” Diana shrugged and returned the smile.

I took out the keys to her car from my back pocket and after saying goodbye to the others we headed to her car. Ballet parking had returned us the keys a few minutes ago, before Diana charged everything to the credit card account. I love driving this car. It is like going into a film while everyone look at you.

“We can go home, change and then go to our date,” she suggested wagging her eyebrows.

“Perfect. I already have our date planned,” I winked at her and she giggled.

I turned on the car engine and drove along the road, towards Harris Town, looking through the rearviewas the hotel disappeared behind us.

“Niall... I've been thinking,” Diana mumbled, but didn’t finish the sentence.

“I thought that we had settled the issue of Audrey’s abortion last night.” I sighed frustrated and I ran my right hand through my face.

“It is not that what I want to talk to you.”

“And what you want to talk about?”

“About us. Yesterday you said that we had been a couple for almost a month…”

“Well, I don’t remember one day in particular. It just happened. Sorry if I made a mistaken with the date,” I apologized.

“No, it is not that. It's just that... You never told me that you really wanted to be my boyfriend. I thought that we were only... You know...”

“Fucking? I think that we have done more than fuck. But if you do not want to be my girlfriend, I have no problem with that, we can keep fucking and nothing more.” I shrugged; I'm not that much into putting complications in a matter that doesn’t need them.

“Not! Of course I want to be your girlfriend.”

“Then, what's wrong, doll?” I asked, not understanding anything of that small conversation.

“I just didn't know that we were dating, you never asked me so I didn’t know.”

“Well, we can fix that. What do you think about today we stay at home and the other week I invite you to a date to do it official? I know that you like romantic stuff,” I grabbed her hand and brought it to my lips.

I pressed soft kisses on her knuckles without looking away from the road. Then I pushed her hand against my cheek while I gently turned in a curve.

Today we stayed at home watching films wrapped in the sheets of my bed while we were talking quietly and listened to the rain hitting my window and ceiling. I like to have her like this, nestled against me. I love to feel her warmth and soft skin. I will miss this if she moves away from my side once she discovers the plan.

“Diana.” I whispered against her hair. My hand rested on her belly, under her shirt, and my thumb caressed the skin near her belly button.

“Yes?”

“Promise me that you will be with me no matter what happens,” I whisper and sigh, feeling her beautiful skin.

“Promise you, Niall. Why would I want to get away from you when I feel so good when I'm by your side?”

“Don't know. You never know what will happen. “

I pursed my lips, sealing my mouth to say something that shouldn’t be.

(Hi!! Thanks for reading :D Please don't forget to vote and comment. See ya soon! xoxox)