Chapter 8

October 1, 2009

5:45 p.m.

Thursday afternoon and I'm at the psychologist. I haven’t said anything in the last forty-five minutes. He is sitting in his black leather chair while he looks at me writing. He is a moron without a life. What he doesn’t understand that I will not talk about my mother? She was a decent woman and I don’t need this stupid talking about her like if she was nothing.

Anyway, like this shit about writing my thoughts must be daily I am compelled to write about the only interesting today: Alex. As much as I hate to talk about her, she was the only interesting thing that happened today.

In the morning we were all at parking site of always. We smoked a couple of cigarettes before school started. Audrey had come by her own. I was still thinking about yesterday's incident. Alex hadn’t arrived yet and I didn’t know if she really hadn’t read the book or she had read it and was waiting for the right time to use it against me.

I dropped the cigarette butt and crushed it with my foot, releasing the smoke. Audrey rubber her bare leg against mine and I turned to see her. She smiled mischievously and I ignored her, turning to see where Alex’s car was parking. I'm the kind of guy who would rather enjoy just one night and my night with Audrey had passed nearly a year ago.

Alex approached us with a smile on her face and the books in her arms.

"Hi," she greeted us. She herself was so sweet that made me nauseous.

"Hi," everyone, except for me, answered de greeting.

"Nadia, I wanted to know if the invitation is still up," she murmured softly.

"Of course," the fake redhead nodded and I snort.

"Nick and I would love to go," Alex commented politely and I laughed in her face.

She frowned and before she could say anything the bell rang. All we took our things and while I headed for the entrance I bumped my shoulder against Alex’s.

At first hour we had biology. Alex was the last to enter and the only empty seat was next to me. I tried the girl next to me change places with me, but she refused. The teacher entered the classroom. I crossed my arms. I could do nothing. Alex hung her backpack on the back of the chair. I moved my things aside.

She put her books on her side of the table and sat down.

"All right. Today won't be a practice, but we will learn..."

I stopped listening to the teacher. I started to move the pencil on the blank page of my notebook. Alex looked bored too. She had her head on her hand, her elbow set on the table, her brown eyes closed and biting her lip slightly.

We were both lost in our own worlds. We didn’t cross any words.

An hour later the doorbell rang indicating that the class was over. Alex opened her eyes; she kept her things and left without even looking at me.

I lowered my gaze to the page of the notebook and I found the image of Alex captured just as she had been a few seconds ago. I tore the page; I made it a ball and got all the things in my backpack.

I had the following two classes with Alex, although we both try to sit as far as possible. Apparently she was beginning to understand that she wasn’t of my liking and it was the best to stay away from me.

At lunch time she came in with Harry Styles and Zayn Malik. They three looked immersed in an 'interesting' conversation. I thought I would get rid of having lunch with Alex until Louis and Brandon were responsible for scaring the nerds and bring Alex to the table. She smiled at us before sitting down.

Louis and Brandon imprisoned her between them and she looked really uncomfortable.

“So... How is your boyfriend?” Louis let out and I laughed.

“Well, he's tall with light brown hair...”

“How long have you been together?”

“Almost three years,” she responded and we all turned to see her.

“Alex ain’t a fast girl,” Audrey laughed.

“Stop suffocating her... You will meet him on Saturday, isn’t it?” Nadia said eating from Brooke’s fries.

Alex nodded and returned to her meal.

In the afternoon dad told me that today I would have to go to a psychologist, I rolled my eyes at him and went to my room. I called Lorette telling her that I wouldn’t go today.

I sat on my bed and took out my books to do the homework. Through the window by my bed I could perfectly see Alex. She was in her bed doing math homework with the laptop on. She had a shirt on and at the bottom only underwear. I smiled. I might bother her a little. I opened my window.

“Nice panties,” I said.

She dropped her math book and turned to face me, lowering her blouse as she tried to cover herself. Her cheeks turned red and she approached the window.

“I didn’t know you'd come early,” she murmured. Only three feet separated us.

“I'm not going to work today,” I informed.

“I’m hot,” she said to explain her lack of clothing.

“Well, you should tell Louis or Brandon to come to down you the heat,” I said changing the meaning to her words.

Her cheeks turned redder. I smiled and closed my window; I returned to my bed and opened my book.

The psychologist continues looking at me, I look at the time and I smile when I realized that the session is over.

(First chapter of the year. 2014 please be good to us!! :D)