Chapter 7

September 30, 2009

10:01 a.m.

Right now I have literature class. The teacher commanded us to read a few classics to end of next month. I smiled triumphantly, and had read them all. But I realized that I wasn’t the only with advantage. Alex was smiling too. All murmured, saying how they were going to do the project, complaining and other planning how they would search the summaries online. Alex packed her things and took a rather thick book from her backpack. I leaned over and I read the title. "Gone with the Wind." I rolled my eyes.

I do not want to waste my month doing this silly work so I better start doing the summaries.

3:51 p.m.

At lunchtime Alex didn’t show up. With a smile I ate my lunch, because even knowing after I had classes with Alex I could sit away from her.

I did so, ignoring her although she seemed to want to talk to me. I just let Brandon or Louis take her away from me as they flirted with her.

When the bell rang, indicating that the day was over, I kept all my stuff and I hung the backpack on my right shoulder. I had nothing to keep in the locker, so I went directly outside. A couple of girls smiled at me and I winked at them. When I was about to get on my motorcycle, someone called me.

“Niall,” I could hear her steps behind me, but I ignored her.

“Niall!” This time she shouted.

I gritted my teeth and turned around with my fists clenched. Alex was standing there with her cheeks some rosy and her hair something tousled by the fall wind.

“What the hell do you want?” I said through clenched teeth.

“You forgot this in literature class,” she pulled the black notebook from her backpack. My notebook.

I striding approached her and snatched it from her.

“Did you read it?” I shouted in her face and she turned her face before taking a couple of steps back.

“Don’t yell at me. I didn’t read it. I thought it was best that I gave it back to you rather than anyone else put their hands on it,” she defends herself and her cheeks blush up more.

I swallowed. Thank God she didn’t read it.

“You’re welcome,” she snorted.

“I have nothing to say thank you about,” I put the book in my bag and continued on my way to my motorcycle.

I rode in it and went leaving Alex standing there like an idiot...

“Don’t you think he is very abusive?” Hanna asks her grandfather and he nods.

“We the men, especially the young ones, are stupid.”

“I would never date someone like that,” Hanna assures.

“What about Josh?” James raises a brow and his granddaughter blushes.

“He’s... he’s different.”

“Yeah, sure,” James rolls his eyes.

“Okay, I have to go grandpa,” Hanna gives him a kiss on the forehead and closes the book.

(Happy last day of the year/ new year :D xoxo)