Chapter 11

October 5, 2009

6:08 p.m.

I just came back from work. Today was a very interesting day.

In the morning Audrey arrived with Alex. Audrey climbed off the black convertible with her head held high and squandering arrogance from every pore of her body. I patiently waited for Alex to get off the car. She got off just as I expelled the cigarette’s smoke. She placed the backpack over her left shoulder. She had no sweater on and I could see the button up and short sleeves shirt tightened on her breasts. I narrowed my eyes and gave one last drag to the cigarette before tossing it to the floor and smash it with my shoe.

Alex was wearing braided hair, unlike the other days that had brought it loose. The game had started and I was good playing. Alex looked at me with her chocolate eyes and I dedicated her half a smile. Her cheeks took on a pale pink color. She remembered what had happened yesterday. She had a chain with a pearl resting in the valley of her breasts. She pulled the sweater on blocking my view.

When she came close to me I took her by her arm and I pulled her arm forcing her to lean on the wall, just like I was.

“Hi Alex,” I said and her cheeks acquire that pink again.

“Hi Niall,” she whispered.

“How was yesterday afternoon?” I said innocently.

From her expression I knew she was thinking about our yesterday’s meeting.

“Good, thank you,” she merely said.

I looked quickly around us, no one was watching us. I smiled and put my hand on her leg. She winced and shook her leg to move aside my hand. I put my hand on her warm skin again. I moved closer to her. Alex smelled like yesterday. A mixture of flowers, raspberries and something more. Her aroma reminded me of when I was little and used to play in the garden of my grandmother. The scent of flowers mingled with the raspberries growing in the bushes. It was strangely familiar and comforting. I placed my lips just below her ear and she shivered.

“You smell like flowers and raspberries,” I whispered.

She put her hand on my chest. I noticed that her hands are small and delicate to compare mine. She pushed me, keeping me from her. I looked at her eyes. They are brown. Nothing extraordinary. Thousands of girls have brown eyes... but somehow they seemed unique.

“Get away from me,” she told me. Her brow was furrowed although her cheeks were flushed.

“Your body doesn’t tell me that,” I told her and she raised her hand to slap me but I stopped her with a quick move.

“You can’t do that. What aren’t you a lady?” I said mockingly.

“I just defend myself.”

“It was just a comment,” I shrugged.

The doorbell rang and she walked away from me. She walked toward the entrance, mingling with the others. I hung the backpack on my shoulder and started walking. As I got my books of my locker I could see perfectly Alex at the other end of the hall. Audrey leaned against the lockers blocking my view. She crossed her arms as she made bubble with gum. She exploded it and continued chewing the gum making an irritating (but sexy) sound.

“What is it?” I said pulling out my book for Literature.

“It's a shame that she is not a virgin. We could have so much fun with that,” Audrey commented smiling.

“It's your plan. Tell me what to do,” I shrugged.

I watched as Alex walked away down the hall to the literature class with her books in her hands. I returned my gaze to Audrey who had a wicked smile on the lips.