Second Part - Chapter 27

The previous journal had finished with that last page Hanna had read. And she had started to read the other she had found a couple of weeks ago.Her grandfather wasn’t surprised when he saw her with the new journal in her hands that Monday when she sat next to him.

November 16, 2009

10:58 a.m.

I want to write what happened yesterday and will take this literature period to do so. Anyway I already read the book for this month. I am still not sure whether I regret or not of what I did when I discovered that Diana was still sick.

The first thing I did, after putting on some clothes quickly was go and get Clara and Christian. Of that I have no regrets. Clara ran to the bedroom and checked Diana’s skin while I was standing in a corner of the room, not knowing what to do. Christian talked by phone and one of the bodyguards was calling to a hospital with a strange my name.

“We will take you to the hospital, get dressed,” Christian ended the call. “Jason, go get the car. Mrs. Prince, please take care of Skander and Matthew for the rest of the day.”

Christian and Clara left the room while they talked. I undressed Diana, without asking her consent, I went to get some clothes to her closet. She looked everywhere but my eyes. I took the clean underwear I'd take out. I bent a little and she put her hands on my shoulders to not lose her balance while I was setting her panties. Then I put her on the bra and baby blue socks.

I got the jeans up her legs; I put her on a white blouse and shoes of the same color. She sat on the bed and I knelt in front of her. I took her right foot and tied up the laces of the shoe. I repeated the same process with the left one.

“Niall...”

“Do not want to listen to you, Diana. You had a lot of time to talk, but you didn’t. If you didn't do it in the past, don’t do it now” I hushed her and she swallowed audibly.

I put her on a coat and while I was buckling the buttons she dared to look at me. But she looked away when I looked at her in the eyes. I put her the gloves and a scarf and brushed her hair before putting the beanie. There was a thin layer of snow on the street and the sky was grey, indicating a cold weather.

“I'm sorry,” she said in a low voice.

I took her by the chin and forced her to look at me.

“I'm more,” I mumbled.

Christian entered the room and told us that the car was waiting for us. I took my jacket and left the room, and the House, behind Diana. Skander and Matthew were still sleeping so the ones that will remain in the House wouldn’t have to worry about them in at least a couple of hours.

We got on in Christian’s car. He and Clara took the front seats and I with Diana in back. She rested her head on my shoulder and, although I was upset at her, I opened my arms so she found refuge. I took a deep breath to control my anger. Christian crossed a traffic light in red and a teenager in a sports car insulted him. Christian showed him the middle finger and accelerated even more.

“I am cold,” she muttered.

Clara turned to see Diana and frowned, worried. Christian turned sharply, causing us to crash into the left side of the car. He stopped in front of the emergency area. Doctors already expected us with a stretcher with an intravenous ready for her. A nurse opened the door of the car and in a wink of an eye they had removed Diana from my arms and they laid her on the stretcher.