Chapter 16

October 14, 2009

10:48 p.m.

After half an hour the psychologist realized that I wouldn’t talk. He let me take out the notebook and write.

When I arrived at school Alex was sitting on Brandon’s bike while writing something on her phone. Brandon was telling her something while playing with Alex’s brown locks.

“Are you going to go Niall?” Liam asked me when I was close.

“I don’t have an option,” I put my backpack on the floor.

“Are you going Alex?” Louis asked glaring at Brandon.

“What?” She asked looking up.

“The excursion for biology,” Louis clarified.

“Yeah, sure,” she returned her gaze to her phone.

I narrowed my eyes and watched her. She kept her eyes on her phone. Her fingers moved quickly on the screen. The bell rang. Alex kept her phone and climbed off Brandon’s bike. She took her backpack and started walking toward the front door. I took her by her arm. She turned to see me.

“Let me go,” she spoke calmly.

“No,” the single word came out of my mouth.

I didn’t know why I had taken her by her arm. It had been an impulse.

“What do you want Niall?” She rolled her eyes.

What I wanted? Not even I knew that.

“I heard you singing last night,” the words came out of my mouth in an impulse to not let her go.

Her cheeks blushed and she looked away.

“I did not mean to bother you,” she whispered.

“Where did you hear that song?” I asked abruptly and she blinked. It was impossible that she has listened to my mother.

“I don’t want to talk about that. Mind your own business,” she spat.

“Alex,” I said through clenched teeth.

“I don’t want to talk with you.”

Alex shook her arm and I let her go. She looked at me with a frown. She flipped her hair and turned on her heels.

She followed behaving arrogantly with me. Again I had been rude to her and I had gotten into her business. I had to stop doing things so personal and concentrate on Audrey’s plan. I didn’t want to be friends with Alex; I just wanted to humiliate her.

At biology class the teacher called us. Alex reluctantly got up and walked to the desk. I followed her a few steps behind. All were watching us.

“I'd like a word with you, outside.” He told us getting up and heading for the door.

Alex and I followed him. The three of us left the room and Mr. Robinson closed the door.

“Miss Cohen told me that you have had some disagreements,” he spoke.

I looked at Alex and she only raised a brow.

“I'm sorry to say that you cannot change partners. Try to solve your differences.”

Alex snorted and rolled her eyes.

“I will give you a few minutes to talk and then come back in to do the work.”

He returned to the class. Alex crossed her arms and I stood in front of her.

“Did you want to change partner?” I asked her.