Chapter 19 (Alex special)

~Alex~

Niall behaved the same on Tuesday. He behaved helpful and friendly when we were alone, but he completely ignored me when we were with the others. Wednesday morning and I eat breakfast alone. It was almost always like this since I arrived. It was not welcome in this house and I knew it. I was here so mom doesn’t feel guilty for what she had done.

Audrey walks into the kitchen and looks at me for a few seconds. Her uniform is scruffy, but she always wears it like that. She takes an apple and leans on the table.

“Why have you been so close to Niall these last days?” She asks me with her mouth full. I shrug.

“He has been polite,” I mutter looking the cereal floating on the bowl.

“Niall, polite? You must be crazy,” Audrey laughs.

“Well, he said you were nothing and I do not understand why you're so angry with me,” I look her in the eyes.

She leans over a little more and I shrink in my chair.

“Your mind is too closed to understand the relationship that Niall and I have and so he told you nothing,” Audrey bites the apple.

“Alexis, Edward is waiting for you. Don’t be slow,” Arianna yells form the second floor.

“I think you have to go, princess,” Audrey teases me.

I roll my eyes, take my bag and walk to the door. When I open Ed is there waiting for me. He takes my bag and opens the car’s door for me.

“Good morning, Miss Cohen.”

“Hi, Ed.”

He closed my door and walk to the pilot’s side. He starts the car and speeds up.

“Don’t you get bored of driving two hours here to take me to school?” I ask him.

“No, it's only been two days. They pay for this,” he responds dismissively.

“Just a couple of weeks and I’ll drive my car again,” I smile to him.

“Oh, I almost forgot it. Clara sends this for you,” he says giving me the thermos and I save it on my backpack.

“When you return I want you to tell my dad that I want to come back home,” I tell him and Ed nods.

“Your father perfectly knows that you are not quite comfortable here, but try to stay a little longer. For your mother.”

As if she wanted me there. She does not miss any time to tell me I should be "normal like Audrey." Ed pulls up in front of the school and I see that Niall is leaning against a motorcycle. He stares at me while Ed helps me to climb out of the car.

“I’ll see you in the afternoon,” Ed nods his head and returns to the car.

Louis approaches me and holds my backpack.

“Thanks,” I mutter.

“Niall has a new bike,” Louis informs me when he notices that I have been watching Niall.

“I can see that. And what is he supposed to be doing?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Audrey is trying to convince him to take her for a ride in order to skip a couple of classes,” Louis comments.

“Please,” Audrey begs.

“No ... Oh, look what the wind brought. How are you, rich girl?” Niall mocks as he lit up a cigarette.

“How are you, asshole?” I answer.

“C’mon, Niall. Don’t be mean,” Audrey continues insisting.