Chapter 33 (Alex)

December 20 and haven’t bought any gifts yet. I just returned yesterday from Boston and the side effects of the pills that they gave me are starting to disappear. I haven’t even unpacked, because yesterday when I returned just dedicated myself to sleep. I know that Niall is desperate, but I was too tired to even have a small chat.

When I go out through the front door of Audrey’s house the cold wind and snow I greet me.

“I missed you so much, babe,” before I can even blink Niall already has me in his arms, squeezing me tightly.

“I only went for four days.” I murmur against his chest.

“That doesn’t mean that I haven’t missed you,” he gives me a soft kiss on the lips.

“And what is the schedule for today?”

“Well,” he shoves his hands in the back pockets of my pants and squeezes, “you will first go to your room and put a coat on.”

“I have one on.”

“I mean a good coat. Then we’ll go to buy that you wanted and then we will go to our date,” he wiggles his eyebrows. I feel his warm hands on my body.

Dissatisfied with the small kiss he gave me; I take the neck of his shirt with my left hand and approach him to my lips. I kiss him, hungrily. How I was waiting all these days. He kisses me back with the same intensity.

I bite and caress his lips with the tip of my tongue and he squeezes my ass. He pushes my hips against his, as we try to breathe. His thumbs caress on thin fabric separating his skin of mine.

“Can we stay home?” I ask against his mouth.

“No.”

“Why?” I complain. I feel my skin burn and have agitated breathing.

“Because the anticipation is seduction’s the key.”

“And just today you have to be patient?”

“You stop whining and go change that coat. The faster we finish shopping, the faster we’ll be able to go to our date.”

Buying gifts for everyone has been far harder than I thought it would be. Stores are crowded with people doing last minute shopping. Niall holds me close to his body to keep me in this sea of people.

“Look at these.”

“For what do you want envelopes, Diana?”

“If we forget to buy a gift we put little money inside and write on the back. Quick and easy.”

“And why do you want to buy a flatware?”

“It is a gift for your parents.”

“No, no. You won't give a gift to my parents. I don’t even do it.”

“Niall, we can write "for the Horan" on the card and will be a gift for everyone. In addition you will spend Christmas and New Year in my house. Just leave the package on the table before we leave and problem solved.”

“Okay, as you want.”

The worst part is definitely the toy store. All the children shout, run, break things, they cry and make scandal. The noise is overwhelming and you saturate quickly. I take the toys for my brothers and some of my cousins and we rush to pay everything.

“I hate children,” Niall murmurs after some juice is poured out on his t-shirt.

Niall won’t let me put things in the trunk. He does while tells me to go inside the car.